• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,262 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

I would say a FN / VF CGC would be in that 700.00- 800.00 range

VF CGC 8.0ish would be in that 1000.00 dollar range. 

Hope to hear from others responses.

Dang I can see this has jumped up a lot since I bought mine back in '17. I paid 250 for it then. 

I can manage around the 6-700 if graded in that range. I don't even need it to be graded. I hoping I can come across someone selling one in time. Just gonna set aside for when I do. Thinking of parting out my silverage Flash collection when I get back from this deployment to go towards ones 

So, not sure if anyone caught this, but the TMNT #1 that sold for $90,000 is currently listed on HA as for sale by owner with a BIN of $100,000, and was listed on 08/19/2019.  My understanding is that if a bidder does not pay, Heritage buys the book and then lists it for sale.  16 days is about the turn around one would expect for the sale to fall through.

33 minutes ago, jaybuck43 said:

So, not sure if anyone caught this, but the TMNT #1 that sold for $90,000 is currently listed on HA as for sale by owner with a BIN of $100,000, and was listed on 08/19/2019.  My understanding is that if a bidder does not pay, Heritage buys the book and then lists it for sale.  16 days is about the turn around one would expect for the sale to fall through.

Well you are right in that the same book that sold at auction for $90K is now listed for $100. However, it says the same owner who bought it has listed it. There's no reason to think this isn't the same person since the day after it sold they indicated it was available for resale immediately for $117K. It seems the owner has just lowered their asking price.

Edited by GM8

Oh boy lol 

Well that’s an epic fail.   All he had to do was hang one for a while IMO.   Now he’s put the stench of weakness on it.

it amounts to some very expensive thrill bidding :insane:

Edited by Bronty

12 minutes ago, Bronty said:

Oh boy lol 

Well that’s an epic fail.   All he had to do was hang one for a while IMO.   Now he’s put the stench of weakness on it.

it amounts to some very expensive thrill bidding :insane:

The schadenfreude around this book is palpable. There were 35 people bidding on it so they weren't alone. What are the haters going to do when this book eventually hits $500,000?

1 hour ago, GM8 said:

The schadenfreude around this book is palpable. There were 35 people bidding on it so they weren't alone. What are the haters going to do when this book eventually hits $500,000?

I didn't mind it as a buy if he had the cash to turn around and buy the november copy too.   Signal lots of strength on the book.

But by offering it up right away, he's signalled weakness.   That's just the way it is.

It could be like the people who open an eBay store and post their entire collection on it with crazy numbers with little intention of selling. If someone really wants a book and overpays then they sell it....if not it stays? Does it cost to list stuff for sale on HA like that?

3 hours ago, nriccijr said:

It could be like the people who open an eBay store and post their entire collection on it with crazy numbers with little intention of selling. If someone really wants a book and overpays then they sell it....if not it stays? Does it cost to list stuff for sale on HA like that?

No.  Totally free.

34 minutes ago, spracknetch23 said:

Sad to give up the signatures/sketches with a recase (I assume they're all on the case), but great book nonetheless. Congrats (thumbsu

Indeed they are on the case but the only I’m sad about is the laird sig since he’s so hard to get. As much as I love Talbots work (I have a turtle drawn by him as a center piece in my tattoo sleeve) he means nothing to this book. The only sigs I personally would want in it are kevin and Peter.  Selling my second print is the only thing I regret selling over the last year so when my wife said it was alright to get this I made it all worth it. Now we’ll send it off. I can’t wait to get back from this deployment to see it in person lol

Edited by SpeedforceKJ

11 hours ago, SpeedforceKJ said:

Indeed they are on the case but the only I’m sad about is the laird sig since he’s so hard to get. As much as I love Talbots work (I have a turtle drawn by him as a center piece in my tattoo sleeve) he means nothing to this book. The only sigs I personally would want in it are kevin and Peter.  Selling my second print is the only thing I regret selling over the last year so when my wife said it was alright to get this I made it all worth it. Now we’ll send it off. I can’t wait to get back from this deployment to see it in person lol

i sold my 2nd print along with other turtle books to buy a 1st print.. i miss my tmnt collection but hottdamn i love my 1st print #1