• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,291 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, Icculus308win said:

Apparantly so :D

Well they didn't quite get to those last ones at $34,000

Not from what we see.  You can't rule out private sales.  There's a huge incentive to avoid fees and duties by trading in private.

That said, you can't factor them into a current market price either.  It looks like the Comic Connect $27K sale last April was a recent high for this book.

1 hour ago, GM8 said:

Not from what we see.  You can't rule out private sales.  There's a huge incentive to avoid fees and duties by trading in private.

That said, you can't factor them into a current market price either.  It looks like the Comic Connect $27K sale last April was a recent high for this book.

No you can't rule out pvt sales, but you would think avoiding all the the 3rd parties for these reasons - these buyers wouldn't be setting record prices:frown: 

(I acquired my 9.8 private sale, by trading my 9.6 #1 and $. 

Edited by Icculus308win

I suppose the biggest keys of the run are #1 (1st Turtles, Shredder, Splinter), and #2 (1st April, Baxter, Mousers).

Here are a few more first appearances though...not necessarily high value at the moment:

Tales of the TMNT v1 #4: Rat King

Tales of the TMNT v1 #6: Leatherhead

TMNT v1 #8: Renet

Raphael #1: Casey Jones

TMNT v1 #51 or 52: Karai

One of the ones that seems to be in more demand lately is #7, 2nd printing. Especially high grade CGC copies.

Another would be #4, 2nd printing, which features the Michael Dooney cover art which was used for the original NES Turtles game. (Just give me a chance at the OA of that piece.)

5 hours ago, spracknetch23 said:

which features the Michael Dooney cover art which was used for the original NES Turtles game. (Just give me a chance at the OA of that piece.)

I'd love that one too.     What's your opinion as to closing price if it popped up on heritage tomorrow?    

(I collect NES original art, so its interesting to me to get the take of people that don't and see if their opinions run higher or lower than mine.   )

6 hours ago, Bronty said:

I'd love that one too.     What's your opinion as to closing price if it popped up on heritage tomorrow?    

(I collect NES original art, so its interesting to me to get the take of people that don't and see if their opinions run higher or lower than mine.   )

That's a tough one. It's probably the most iconic TMNT piece of art outside of the original cover for #1. You also have both TMNT fans and video game fans who would be after it. I'd say somewhere north of $15k if not 20. 

Edited by spracknetch23

1 hour ago, spracknetch23 said:

That's a tough one. It's probably the most iconic TMNT piece of art outside of the original cover for #1. You also have both TMNT fans and video game fans who would be after it. I'd say somewhere north of $15k if not 20. 

Yeah I think 15 is the floor.   What I'm less sure of is the ceiling

TMNT #1 9.8 auction on Heritage stuck at $20,000 (~$24K total) with less than 9 hours to go.   Looks like buyers aren't fooled by the buyer's premium bs they put on top of bids.  

https://comics.ha.com/itm/modern-age-1980-present-/alternative-underground/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-1-mirage-studios-1984-cgc-nm-mt-98-white-pages/a/7163-91017.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

1 hour ago, GM8 said:

TMNT #1 9.8 auction on Heritage stuck at $20,000 (~$24K total) with less than 9 hours to go.   Looks like buyers aren't fooled by the buyer's premium bs they put on top of bids.  

https://comics.ha.com/itm/modern-age-1980-present-/alternative-underground/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-1-mirage-studios-1984-cgc-nm-mt-98-white-pages/a/7163-91017.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

If anyone with $24,000 to spend on a comic book can be fooled by a $4,000 premium, then they didn't deserve $24,000 in disposable income in the first place.  lol

8 hours ago, valiantman said:

If anyone with $24,000 to spend on a comic book can be fooled by a $4,000 premium, then they didn't deserve $24,000 in disposable income in the first place.  lol

:bigsmile:  Maybe they were, it sold for $27,485 total.

On April 26, 2017 at 0:48 PM, comiconxion said:

Outside of the Turtlemanias, my top 5 list would look like:

1) TMNT #1 1st Print (~3,000 copies)

2) Gobbledygook #1 (~50 copies)

3) Gobbledygook #2 (~50 copies)

4) TMNT #3 NYCC Edition (~500 copies)

5) TMNT Signed & #'d Hardcover Reprint Book (Ltd. to 1000 copies) -

The 2nd print of TMNT #1 would be next in line (~6,000 copies) and I'd put TMNT #29 (~1000 copies) up there as well as a novelty piece. 

The HC Cover reprint was limited to 500 copies not 1000.

6 minutes ago, Parabellum said:

The HC Cover reprint was limited to 500 copies not 1000.

I was referring to the HC Omnibus book that reprinted #1-11 + the 4 Micro-Series books.  I believe that one had 1000 copies.  The HC 6th Printing of #1 had 500 copies - also a cool book, but the Omnibus is a great way of having all the early E&L issues in one!

5 hours ago, comiconxion said:

I was referring to the HC Omnibus book that reprinted #1-11 + the 4 Micro-Series books.  I believe that one had 1000 copies.  The HC 6th Printing of #1 had 500 copies - also a cool book, but the Omnibus is a great way of having all the early E&L issues in one!

My bad dude, sorry.

1 hour ago, bigmoney80 said:

What would the cost be to grade a TMNT 1 1st print (1984)? Had a bad USPS shipment and may can just get a new holder, but was wondering the price if it had to be graded. It was a CGC 7.0 if that matters.

If the posts are still in tact, you should be able to re holster for $15 plus shipping.  If they are not, you need to resubmit.  A 7.0 is borderline and you can PROBABLY submit it under Express tier, which will run you $95 + shipping and other fees.