• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,291 posts in this topic

I was the winner of those two auctions for Turtlemania Gold. I was completely shocked to see a Turtlemania Gold #4/10 with a Buy-It-Now of only $450.00. I decided to look at the seller's other items. Shocked again! Another Gold, #6/10, for the same $450.

I have the tracking number already, so the books should be in the mail on Monday. I will post some larger pics when I get the books. Also, I think the way the seller took photos of the books, they may be a little lower in grade than before the pictures. But hey, these are still only 1 of 10 Gold edition books.

Should I get these graded? I think it would be good mainly for the encapsulation/preservation of the books. I don't think the grade would really affect their value much due to the rarity.

:applause:

What a great buy!! Congrats!!

I got back from Heroes earlier this week where I was lucky enough to get on David Petersen's commission list. Given the great covers he's done for IDW's 1-shots, I don't see how I could have resisted. Very happy with the result:

TMNTPetersen-Team.jpg

I love the bubbles with their respective weapons!

Also, to the man who has won the TWO turtlemanias, Congrats. Maybe you could share the wealth one day? lol

Edited by HotJuicyBurgers

They're here! :cloud9: I received these yesterday in the mail.

congrats, damn, that was FAST!

so jealous, I'm STILL waiting for my recent purchase, that I posted here, to arrive. First there was problem getting them shipped (the problem being the seller just never sent em out until I bothered them enough times over 2 weeks), and now the damn package is being held by US Customs, so I gotta get that straightened out tomorrow... still hoping they arrive in the condition I purchased them at, but I have no idea if customs has opened the package, and if so did they have any regard for the condition of the contents? unlikely...

They're here! :cloud9: I received these yesterday in the mail.

congrats, damn, that was FAST!

so jealous, I'm STILL waiting for my recent purchase, that I posted here, to arrive. First there was problem getting them shipped (the problem being the seller just never sent em out until I bothered them enough times over 2 weeks), and now the damn package is being held by US Customs, so I gotta get that straightened out tomorrow... still hoping they arrive in the condition I purchased them at, but I have no idea if customs has opened the package, and if so did they have any regard for the condition of the contents? unlikely...

Where are the books coming from? I went back and looked at the pictures again, and they look really great. I hope you get them soon and in the same condition as those pics.

[

Where are the books coming from? I went back and looked at the pictures again, and they look really great. I hope you get them soon and in the same condition as those pics.

looking at your Golds again, woregul, realy great books, what a buy! Mine are coming in from UK, London specifically.. I think I've gotten them cleared through customs now (unopened, yay), it was a snag in the paper work. These should be at home when I get back from business travel this week, huzzah!

just to close this out... finally got my books, apart from one book that appears to have been damaged after the sales photos were taken, all of the books are great.

Bad new is, the one damaged book is the TMNT #1... check it out, the lower right corner of the front cover, I'm pretty damn sick about this.

tmnt_after.jpg

:cry:

I have some news: Turtlemania Gold 4/10 has been sold via PM, and the book is in the buyer's possession. Thank you to those who sent in offers.

At this time, I am keeping the 6/10. I am sending it in to get slabbed, so I will send out a picture once it comes back.

Disappointed I wasn't chosen but thanks for the opportunity to at least be in the running for it. Knowing what I was offering for this there was obviously someone wanting this WAY more than I did (which I didn't know was even possible :) ).

Congrats to the new owner! Sweet piece of TMNT awesomeness you have there.

two questions -

first, do all Gold Turtlemania books have three covers (regular, silver over the regular, and gold over silver)? Until I had mine in hand, I never realized this was the case.

Also curious, did anyone attend the Turtlemania event in Florida (from where these comics came)? How well was it attended? Do any photos exist of the exhibitors, or these books for sale? I'm curious just how small this was...