• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,291 posts in this topic

I got these back today from FCBD...huge thanks to Peter Palmer!!!

Sorry about the flash in advance...didn't have time to take better pics

I will be sending these out again to be signed by KE...when I have enough $$

IMG_20160621_150953411_zpsrdmmd2gb.jpg

IMG_20160621_150843138_zpsybga9enl.jpg

I got a grade hot in this one because of the stupid KE Fanclub signed sticker he put on the inside cover. The thing that bugs me is that I have seen some grade 9.8 and I know they have the sticker inside....oh well. Maybe it'll grade higher when I get it signed on the outside by KE. :makepoint:

IMG_20160621_151123819_zps07buriy2.jpg

And this was done at Amazing LV and is off to CGC!!!

KE_zpskdxp1iug.jpg

Edited by nriccijr

I got a grade hot in this one because of the stupid KE Fanclub signed sticker he put on the inside cover. The thing that bugs me is that I have seen some grade 9.8 and I know they have the sticker inside....oh well. Maybe it'll grade higher when I get it signed on the outside by KE. :makepoint:

IMG_20160621_151123819_zps07buriy2.jpg

Do the grader's notes on this make mention of the sticker?

IDK.... I've never seen graders notes. Do you have to pay more for those? Does the submitter have access to these? The sticker is listed on the label which I don't recall seeing on other graded ones. It's not a huge deal....I just don't get how it seems like the sticker was ignored on other book when all the books have then

**UPDATE**

There is another 9.2 on eBay with the sticker noted on the label....and a 9.8 on MSC that does not have the sticker listed on the label

Edited by nriccijr

If you check out the invoice under your account you should see hyperlinks named "Graders notes". Clicking on those will tell you what the defects were. However, in this case CGC likely just downgraded the book because of the sticker, as notated on the label.

Incidentally, that Eastman sketch with the Turtle pop is totally baws.

I was looking through some old boxes of memorabilia, and inside a bag of items from my days playing in high school band, I found this button set:

7E0E8594-71DC-4E2A-BCB4-6E48B6576127_zpsmzomwrie.jpg

This bag had stuff from 85/86, so I must have ordered these through the mail. I am glad I never decided to buy a set in the recent past :)

Edited by woregul

thanks! I actually did want a set of these as they came from the early days of the Turtles, and I had looked at sets going for $100-$200, so I was very happy to find these already paid for :grin:

I agree with RW. I sometimes find cool stuff, but that must have brought a major smile to your face, especially when you had been looking for a set in the past. Of course, those pins are just bad-azzz too. Congrats!

I was looking through some old boxes of memorabilia, and inside a bag of items from my days playing in high school band, I found this button set:

7E0E8594-71DC-4E2A-BCB4-6E48B6576127_zpsmzomwrie.jpg

This bag had stuff from 85/86, so I must have ordered these through the mail. I am glad I never decided to buy a set in the recent past :)

Those are so sweet!!!

I found these pictures on my computer recently. I figured someone might find them interesting in light of recent discussions.

I don't own either of these anymore, but there was a Silver Turtlemania Proof and a Sample that are out there. Both seem to be made of the same stock, though with obviously different writing added after the fact.

Proof:

Turtlemania%20Silver%20Proof.jpg

Sample:

Turtlemania%20Silver%20Sample.jpg

For some reason I can remember someone posting here on the boards that they found either the same or something similar in a box at an antique dealer in the Atlanta area.

The plot thickens...

I think this will be one of those things that will be impossible to determine how many of these proofs and samples are out there for each of the 3 books. But whatever the number, they will still be some of the rarest items out there.

I found these pictures on my computer recently. I figured someone might find them interesting in light of recent discussions.

I don't own either of these anymore, but there was a Silver Turtlemania Proof and a Sample that are out there. Both seem to be made of the same stock, though with obviously different writing added after the fact.

Proof:

Sample:

For some reason I can remember someone posting here on the boards that they found either the same or something similar in a box at an antique dealer in the Atlanta area.

Any chance you can find that? I don't remember it.

I remember that too! Living in Atlanta I remember being insanely jealous about it, lol

Proof:

Sample:

Any chance you can find that? I don't remember it.