• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Scans As Promised ( Cry for Dawn !! )

37 posts in this topic

Well, I got my books back from CGC today. I can't complain, although I wish that issues 1, 7 and 9 had achieved a grade of at least 9.6.

I'm on a mission now to complete my set... I still need quite a few issues as I am seeking variants as well ( like 2nd printing of issue 5 ).

I also got back a Dawn White Trash 9.8, but I won't bother scanning that one.

Without further ado, here are the scans. I hope you enjoy them !

The note on issue 2 says "2 names and 2 sketches written on 1st page in pen."

CFD_2.jpg

CFD_3.jpg

The note on issue 4 says "2 names written on interior cover in marker."

CFD_4.jpg

CFD_5.jpg

CFD_6.jpg

CFD_8.jpg

Well, those are my pictures. What do you guys think? Do you think the notes on issues 2 and 4 detract from the value of the books?

Also, if any of you have leads on CFD books that I don't have, shoot me a line.

OK! A Cry for Dawn collector. Perhaps you can answer something I've long wondered about. The only CFD I've ever owned is #4, which I only bought because it was way way underpriced ($2, nm). Now, I took the issue home and read it, and the Dawn character WAS NOWHERE TO BE SEEN IN THE ENTIRE BOOK. WHAT THE HELL???

Is she just cover eye candy? confused.gif

Excuse the question, I just don't know much about the series and the one issue I used to own sure didn't the question! 893frustrated.gif

edit: should should "didn't answer the question". ARGH!!! My typing is getting to be as bad as Pov's!! 893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

OK, because it was requested

Dawn_1_WT.jpg

Nice one!! thumbsup2.gif

i have two 9.8s of that one... for some reason it is one of my favorite covers along with the limited cry for dawn #9, the tears of dawn book and the dawn #5 variant cover. good luck, looks like you have a good start going. i sent in to Ask cgc if they would grade the kind of tough to find horror con edition of #3 but havent heard back yet. if you dont have that yet, i would start looking now cause it was a mother to find in good shape. again best of luck 893applaud-thumb.gif

Were all the Dawn variants signed by Linsner? Or did some come "clean" ?

the white trash with the sketch came from linsner, but my other is clean. the look sharp i got from linsner at a show and he signed it there when i bought it. the limited 3 came out as a signed book, like the mystery book #2 as well as the 4,5, and 6 i have. i dont think the notes or green labels hurt these so much as all of the #2,3,4,5,6's variants i have ever seen are signed. i could be wrong tho.

Nah, I don't think they hurt them as much either. It's just such an obnoxious green color, kinda makes ya nauseous looking at it grin.gif

But Linsner produced alot of signed books, and there's no way around that label unless CGC had some kind of authentication service for signatures, and they won't do that since they have their own Signature Series.

Nice books... keep them scans a coming =)