• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

awe4one's Megacon Ramblings, Ruminations, and Observations

98 posts in this topic

I was there most of the weekend hanging around & didn't meet him either.

However, I did meet Transplant. He was walking around in noting but his boxers when that happened. Man, what a weekend!

I was at Richard's booth and he never introduced himself either.

I didn't notice you at Rich's booth everytime I stopped. Rich, Rick, and CGCWorld (Jim) yes but not others...but then again I don't know what you look like...

Jim

I was there most of the weekend hanging around & didn't meet him either.

However, I did meet Transplant. He was walking around in noting but his boxers when that happened. Man, what a weekend!

We had a booth that constantly had 5 -7 board members hanging around and I don't think he came by either.

I found your booth on Sat...looked through a couple things but didn't buy anything. McMiles and KingofRulers (I think) were there but were busy chatting with others. I left intending to come back when things were calmer but never made it...

Jim

Mickey Dolenz - I actually met him as kid, with my sister, while on vacation in Key West in 1974. He actually remembered the meeting...and it wasn't bull as he mentioned events that happened..

Jim

It's amazing that he remembers that.

I was shocked as well. Me and my sister saw him and Davy Jones playing tennis at the hotel. By the way Davy doesn't cuss...he says fudge alot or maybe that was because we were sitting there. We sat awhile and watched but didn't bother them. Later, their wives/girlfriends who we met at the pool introduced us to them.

Mentioned meeting him in the Keys in 1974 and he asked if we were the kids at the tennis court... :o

Jim

I think for future cons, every forumite needs to wear some time of gay shirt with your forum name on it :kidaround:

Well you already have the shirts, just write your name on them.

:kidaround:

There are plenty of photos floating of me and others around so I know what most people look like, even you :baiting:

Besides, shy I'm not :acclaim:

Here are the scans of my buys. Surprisingly didn't go over budget (spent about 3/4 of what I planned)...

From Al Stolz:

atom21small.jpgatom20small.jpgsecretlove2small.jpgsolar3small.jpgbraveandthebold114small.jpgblitzkreig5small.jpg

avengers125small.jpgavengers69small.jpgstrangeadventures150small.jpgmysteryinspace101small.jpgmysteryinspace97small.jpglukecage4small.jpg

frombeyondtheunknown6small.jpgfrombeyondtheunknown2small.jpgdoompatrol111small.jpgdoompatrol108small.jpgvoyagetothedeep3small.jpgvoyage13small.jpg

voyage16small.jpgthrillarama1small.jpgadventuresintotheunknown89small.jpgunderseaagent2small.jpgtomahawk123small.jpgtomahawk124small.jpg

tomahawk126small.jpg

Louisana's Sportcards (?)

youngromance163small.jpg

Ron at Qualitycomix'sBooth

wheremonstersdwell22small.jpgflash177small.jpgghostlytales169small.jpg

Krypton Comics

mygreatestadventure67small.jpgmidnightmystery7small.jpg

Graham Cracker Comics

spidey56small.jpg

Walkin' Willie

captainamerica153small.jpgtalesofsuspense54small.jpg

Apocaypse Comics

ghostmanor77small.jpgsupernaturalthrillers14small.jpgwerewolfbynight38small.jpgvoyage13small.jpggunfighters83small.jpg

Qualitycomix

monstersontheprowl14small.jpgunexpected161small.jpggreenlantern78small.jpg

Big Ben's

vaultofevil20small.jpgavengers114small.jpg

Crazy Ed

haunted29small.jpghaunted24small.jpgghostlyhaunts57small.jpgghostlyhaunts37small.jpgjourneyintomystery9small.jpg

Bedrock

battlefront36small.jpgghostlyhaunts35small.jpg

Tim Gordon

xmen95small.jpg

Dale Roberts

creaturesontheloose21small.jpgtombofdarkness23small.jpgmylove2small.jpgsuperboy160small.jpg

Jim

Could that be Walkin Willie's instead of Fast Willie?

Yeah...it was Walkin Willie...

He and his wife are really nice...his wife is also a transplanted Miamian... :grin:

Jim

Sweet :applause:

That's what a con should be like. Never go home empty handed.

Yep...I only wish I'd seen Al's $10 boxes sooner. A guy was walking away with some nice stuff after Al pointed them out to me...

Jim

I saw no one at Ferrigno's table the whole day...

Jim

I have seen Ferringo at many of the Chicago Cons, and other events. He always has that, " I'm pizzed off and bored" look on his face. I never see anyone at his booth either. All of the other big stars, wrestlers, divas etc are very personable and fun to take pictures with. Hes just too big to give an attitude adjustment to though. :roflmao:

DRX

He is really that bad? Very sad for him.

Cost me $10 for Carro's pic...

That's $11 more than I would have spent. :baiting:

lol

You know...I found it kind of sad when walking the media area. Some guests get alot of attention while others just sit behind their tables with no one there. I realize they're trying to make a buck based on thier now faded celebrity but it's sad to see they have to put themselves into this situation. Maybe they can't let go...I don't know...but it's sad to see nonetheless...

Jim

I 100% agree. Well, they have to get some sort of work to pay the bills. If people pay them for their pic, so be it.

I saw no one at Ferrigno's table the whole day...

Jim

I have seen Ferringo at many of the Chicago Cons, and other events. He always has that, " I'm pizzed off and bored" look on his face. I never see anyone at his booth either. All of the other big stars, wrestlers, divas etc are very personable and fun to take pictures with. Hes just too big to give an attitude adjustment to though. :roflmao:

DRX

He is really that bad? Very sad for him.

Yes, it is sad. He gives off bad vibes. I never see anyone at his table. I met many other celebrities and they all were very personable, and seem to be having alot of fun. A few years back I met Noel Neil ( original Lois Lane ). What a nice woman. My daughter and I had quite a conversation with her. Got a nice 10 x 8 photo of her which she signed for me and my daughter. Ya, they charge for it, but they have to make a living too, and she seemed to be having a great time just talking to people . Had a great conversation also with Bobby (the brain) Heenan. Talked about the old matches at the Hammond Civic Center. I told him I still have alot of old photos I took in 68 and 69 when he was managing BlackJack Lanza, and The Devils Duo (chris markoff and angelo poffo). Real funny guy, and nice to talk too. Terri Runels, Sandra Taylor ( under seige two ), and the rest were all fun to talk to. Ferringo, .....what a bore.

DRX

Cost me $10 for Carro's pic...

That's $11 more than I would have spent. :baiting:

lol

You know...I found it kind of sad when walking the media area. Some guests get alot of attention while others just sit behind their tables with no one there. I realize they're trying to make a buck based on thier now faded celebrity but it's sad to see they have to put themselves into this situation. Maybe they can't let go...I don't know...but it's sad to see nonetheless...

Jim

Have any of you guys seen "The Wrestler" yet?? There's a great scene with this very thing going on...

That movie did hit on a lot of cylinders! (thumbs u

i think Jim's server crapped out.

actually, Jim - unlike most people - already made his links open in another tab, so FF didn't know what to do. so, never mind!

sweet haul.

Undersea Agent :cloud9:

Well I am back from Megacon. Like I said before, i doubt I am going back there again to buy. I went to one of the people that worked there to complain that there were not enough comic dealers & they told me that there were over 30 Quality dealers there. I decided to walk around to count for myself. I am sure the staff did not want to insult any "Comic Dealer" there but 4-8 boxes of comics for sale surrounded by toys & other stuff does not qualify as a Comic Book Dealer, Unless there is High end quality stuff to lay out on the whole booth.

I guess whatever works for the promoter to get people in the door. I doubt that the show will change next year unless they spend a little more money to get bigger names & maybe try to get marvel & DC there.

The other thing I notice is that Top Cow was not set up there & they always had a Witchblade alternate cover for the convention.