• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Tower Appreciation thread!

30 posts in this topic

just got done reading DT: Treachery #6...wow

great read! This book doesn't get it's fair shake, IMO...wonderful story, TOP NOTCH PENCILS and TOP NOTCH COLORS are a great combo..

I think DT has been lost in the sea of other great moderns these days (ie Locke & Key, Walking Dead, Goon, Invincible etc..), but it has ALWAYS been a pleasure to read when it comes out...

I thoroughly enjoyed Gunslinger, i felt that Long Road Home drug on from time to time (but had my favorite art thus far) and i really liked Treachery :)

Any other thoughts?

I read the novels and was frankly turned off from this series because of it. I really liked the first few novels, but the end was just.....not what I expected. Is the comic a retelling of the novels or is it a tangent? If it's tangential, I may pick it up. How highly do you recommend it?

I just finished reading the novels this year,after starting the series when it first appeared.

sorely disapointed in the ending as well...

Did not read any of the comics 'till Treachery,

and was very happy happy with it,

now grabbing up the past books! (thumbs u

I got hooked on Stephen King reading the novels. Had to buy Gunslinger when it came out - my first official CS set. Absolutely agree that the art on Treachery is by far the best yet.

I have some SS Gunslinger for sale on Feebay - search ID clynn4 - if anyone interested.

I got hooked on Stephen King reading the novels. Had to buy Gunslinger when it came out - my first official CS set. Absolutely agree that the art on Treachery is by far the best yet.

I have some SS Gunslinger for sale on Feebay - search ID clynn4 - if anyone interested.

:hi: Cheryl!

I thought this thread might shake a comment out of ya (thumbs u

the art in this book wows me literally EVERY ISSUE...i can't say that about Invincible or RASL (my other fav moderns)...Jae Lee +Isanove= AWESOME

Hey Colin! You GUYS are really trying to get me hooked on these boards, aren't ya? :) I'm not going to work for about another half hour so I stopped in again. Trying to make it more frequently. Before long - I'll be hooked.

You know I'm always up for a conversation about DARK TOWER!

I read the novels and was frankly turned off from this series because of it. I really liked the first few novels, but the end was just.....not what I expected. Is the comic a retelling of the novels or is it a tangent? If it's tangential, I may pick it up. How highly do you recommend it?

The LS takes place between the ka-tet's return to Gilead (Wizard and Glass) up to the fall of Gilead (so far).

Hey Colin! You GUYS are really trying to get me hooked on these boards, aren't ya? :) I'm not going to work for about another half hour so I stopped in again. Trying to make it more frequently. Before long - I'll be hooked.

You know I'm always up for a conversation about DARK TOWER!

i have NO IDEA what you're talking about cheryl :whistle:

so, when does the next 'series' come out? two months or so?

sad story...Treachery one .two and three are amongst the dollar comics

at my lcs....

so of coarse I have a few!!

one reader,one to keep,two for gifts..

porky :banana::banana::banana::banana:

did anyone like the captain tripps mini as i did?

So, I thought DT the comic, only covered the gunslinger. Am I to understand it will eventually follow the entire journey. Because, I for one thought the 1st novel was the weakest.

I thought the ending made sense, however. And I wasn't as disappointed as some.

Fantastic journey, it was.

21o3qyu.jpg

well,Flagg is around in The Stand ...no Roland tho,

Was not really disapointed with the end,just a little forlorn I guess'

porker(not the spider ham! :roflmao:)

sorry just i got peter porker,nevermind...

Due out in March (original release date March 11, but not sure that still holds), is Dark Tower Scorcerer #1 - A very special stand alone issue probing deeply into the incredible life of Marten Broadcloak. We learn his deadly secret agenda and true goal is not to serve the Crimson King, but to climb to the top of the Dark Tower itself and become the overlord of all existence.

Releasing in May, first of 6 issue series, "The Fall of Gilead". Isanove and Lee obviously still at the helm on this one - preview of artwork looks fantastic and duplicative of Treachery!

For those who read the novels, Gunslinger Born runs over the flashback events of Wizard and Glass. The series then start rolling chronologically forward. Unfortunately, I think Jae Lee is off the book after Treachery. If I remember correctly he'll just be doing covers for the next mini.

For those who read the novels, Gunslinger Born runs over the flashback events of Wizard and Glass. The series then start rolling chronologically forward. Unfortunately, I think Jae Lee is off the book after Treachery. If I remember correctly he'll just be doing covers for the next mini.

:o jae lee can't be off! no way!!