• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody Know Ebay Member Ivegotneatstuff?

39 posts in this topic

I just bought a slab from this user and his listing stated shipping to UK as $12.95 USPS Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelope.

I won the auction and paid straight off. Now I've received a message saying eBay miscalculated the shipping and he wants an extra $15 towards shipping. I'm not questioning shipping costs (although nearly $30 for one slab seems a bit steep), but how does eBay miscalculate shipping? Doesn't the user enter the shipping amount?

If push comes to shove and I don't want to pay the extra for shipping am I entitled to a refund as I bid on the item according to what was listed?

I just bought a slab from this user and his listing stated shipping to UK as $12.95 USPS Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelope.

I won the auction and paid straight off. Now I've received a message saying eBay miscalculated the shipping and he wants an extra $15 towards shipping. I'm not questioning shipping costs (although nearly $30 for one slab seems a bit steep), but how does eBay miscalculate shipping? Doesn't the user enter the shipping amount?

If push comes to shove and I don't want to pay the extra for shipping am I entitled to a refund as I bid on the item according to what was listed?

A slab can't be mailed in a flate rate envelope and you wouldn't want him to try.

He probably used the wrong shipping template when listing (using the raw comic one).

I would think you would be entitled to back out of the deal because you were given the wrong shipping amount and based your buying decision off of that amount. I also don't think the seller should have to eat the shipping because of an ebay mistake. I have heard that ebay is still having problems with their shipping calculator.

I've paid the difference this time. It just pissed me off as this is the third time I've been burned this week to the tune of a total of $90.

I've dealt with him and I haven't had any problems. I purchased several books totaling 4 figures and had no problems :)

Just PM him and I'm sure you can work it out (thumbs u

Yep, I think that's a bit high, even to the UK.

Going rate is around $23 - $25 dollars, pending how much bubble wrap you use.

Yep, I think that's a bit high, even to the UK.

Going rate is around $23 - $25 dollars, pending how much bubble wrap you use.

I stand corrected. Well it's paid anyway.

Thanks Nick, it was just the culmination of a bad week :tonofbricks:

All sorted now, I'll start afresh next week when I've calmed down a bit!

Thanks Nick, it was just the culmination of a bad week :tonofbricks:

All sorted now, I'll start afresh next week when I've calmed down a bit!

Time for a couple cold ones to calm down.I think I'll have one myself. I hope your missing book shows up too. Good luck. (thumbs u

DRX