• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Journey Into Mystery/THOR 117 & 119 BOOK ADDED!

10 posts in this topic

JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY 117

JUNE 1965. FN 6.0 to FN+ 6.5. “INTO THE BLAZE OF BATTLE!”

Stan Lee story. Jack Kirby/Vince Colletta cover/art.

Super nice copy for the grade with excellent overall appeal…strong colors with a nice level of gloss. Note: The light color “abrading” at top logo and at lower right front corner and just above on the VC’s head appear to me to be part of the manufacturing of the book; I’m almost certain these features are not due to wear.

Hairline hint of overhang top edge, light abrasion top spine corner and a couple of ticks just below, same at bottom spine corner with a small drop scrunch/crease, teeny bit of spine wear just above the top staple…o/wise crease-free with very nice edges and fairly sharp right corners. Perfect registration and excellent structure…book lays flat.

Back cover has overall light tanning with whitish perimeter at top and bottom edges…mild storage hue along spine…no other creases or marks, super clean! Rust-free staples are perfectly centered and super tight snug centerfold.

Interior covers are similarly lightly tanned. Interior pages are off-white with whitish centers and are in basically perfect condition…COMPLETE!

JIM117FC.jpg

JIM117BC.jpg

2009 OSPG $36 in FN grade

$24 shipped USA/Canada. Elsewhere add $5 bucks.

Payment: Paypal, money order.

JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY 119

AUG 1965. VF 8.0. “THE DAY OF THE DESTROYER!”

Stan Lee story. Jack Kirby/Vince Colletta cover/art.

Just a beautiful overall copy…basically a couple of flaws shy of a 9.0 book! The only visible wear are the tick and the soft bend/abrasion at bottom spine corner/teeny tick and the two light creases at bottom right corner…the little diagonal one and the horizontal one about 1-1/2-inches. Hairline overhang at top edge…except for as mentioned…spine is in excellent shape.

Back cover is in generally perfect condition with super clean edges and sharp left corners. Excellent structure, book lays flat with near-perfect registration…tight centerfold with super tight, perfectly-centered rust-free staples.

Interior covers have just a hint of uniform fade/tanning…on the subtle side. Inteior off-white to white pages are in perfect condition…COMPLETE!

OSPG $87 in VF.

Ask price $69 shipped USA/Canada. Elsewhere add $5 bucks.

Payment: Paypal, money order.

JIM119FC.jpg

JIM119BC.jpg

Got a nice 123? :baiting:

Nope...sent a 7.0-ish to nik awhile back...

Well you had odd issue numbers and were woking your way up so I thought...

:sorry:

Got a nice 123? :baiting:

Nope...sent a 7.0-ish to nik awhile back...

Well you had odd issue numbers and were woking your way up so I thought...

:sorry:

Thanks for the inquiry...just a couple that I've recently upgraded... :sorry: