• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,019 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, storypapers said:

OW/WP TOO!  ONLY GRADED A 6.0...HARD TO BELIEVE...

Wow.It looks brand spankin' new to me.What did the notes say,some invisible stain?From the front,that's an unbelievably nice copy,the spine even looks plump and non pancaked.So fresh!

Edit-I see it's had some work,but still,wow.

Edited by porcupine48

Just now, porcupine48 said:

Wow.It looks brand spankin' new to me.What did the notes say,some invisible stain?From the front,that's an unbelievably nice copy,the spine even looks plump and non pancaked.So fresh!

Says some color breaks....I guess if you use a 10 power you can see them....but I'm with you....an 8.0 more like it LOL

1 minute ago, storypapers said:

Says some color breaks....I guess if you use a 10 power you can see them....but I'm with you....an 8.0 more like it LOL

It would be my favourite book too,100%.Just tape over the grade lol 

3 hours ago, Badger said:

I need to get a second job. Did you know that if you stack CGC boxes side by side and throw a comforter on them they work just like a bed?  Place inside a climate controlled storage unit and voilà! More money for comics that you were, foolishly, spending on a house! Chicken wire ceiling means you can hang more comics from clothes pin to get that true GA experience.

as_10_CGC_front_9.4.thumb.jpg.fc875ad15c46bb5d22f6d3a5790fc525.jpg 

That is a REAL beauty there! Gorgeous!

1 hour ago, Straw-Man said:

thought about putting "kansas city" on the ped blank, but was afraid they'd not only reject it, but punish me for my shiftiness by knocking it down an increment!!!!!!!

Why would they reject it? I did read that Kansas City was all number 1s. Are you talking about the MC 1 or the MMC 46?

the USA run will be auctioned all together before long, and I needed to get the raw ones slabbed.  too bad for me, but the 6-11 part of the run (the best part) was bought ages ago in low grade, and by the time i started upgrading my timely runs, the prices for books in that group were prohibitive.  anyhoo, they’ve started coming in—no resto surprises here...

364FF96A-65AF-400F-B915-C5AE2AA13D54.jpeg