• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cleaning agent for CGC Holders?

14 posts in this topic

I spent a good half hour looking although I'm sure it's been asked and answered, what is the best product and method for cleaning CGC holders? Mine has a long scuff across not really a scrape but a rub line from something hitting against the bag it was in. Thank you!

Welcome to the boards.

Any Windex type cleaner and a sof cloth will work as long as you spray the cloth , not the slab. Sounds like you might have to use a little elbow grease to get the scuff off.

People even go as far as to wax their slabs with car polish, seriously.

Welcome to the boards.

Any Windex type cleaner and a sof cloth will work as long as you spray the cloth , not the slab. Sounds like you might have to use a little elbow grease to get the scuff off.

People even go as far as to wax their slabs with car polish, seriously.

If this is any help, there are some automotive products that may work. I dont remember the name of it but I had a scratch remover to clean up the lenses on the dash panel of my 70 Chevelle. Its like a weak rubbing compound and you really have to work at it. But it does remove minor scratching on plastic. I think some body shops carry it. If you ask around you may be able to find the name. If I come upon it, I'll post it. Just my 2c

DRX

DRX

I'd highly recommend a spray product called Plexus. Specifically made for cleaning motorcycle visors and cleaning and polishing all types of plastics, and does a great job of removing light swirls as well.

PLexus_Plastic_Clnr.jpg

...and helps to keep dust off too, Great stuff, and easily available at most motorcycle shops.

I use a product called Novus. It is a great plastic's cleaner. You can get three different grades. 1 is for light scratches and it goes up from there to I think 3.

I use it all the time for my plastic pieces on my pinball machines. It really clears up those pieces! :)