Scans of slabbed books....

6 posts in this topic

21,427 posts

I'd like to know if all books are scanned upon submission, and if it is possible to purchase the scan of a book that was acquired from EBAY or another source. Or are scans made only of books where the scan is ordered at the original submission?

Thanks

2,761 posts

Scans are only available if imaging is selected by the submitter at the time of submission and those scans are then e-mailed to the submitter when the order is sent out. Scans cannot be retrieved at a later date or sent to another person.

21,165 posts

1. When are the scans mailed to the customer-at the time of shipment?

2. Are the front and back scans included with the service?

3. Do you know the tech specs of the image (type/size/dpi/colors/etc)

2,761 posts

Imaging can be requested on the internet submission form or our new paper submission forms at a cost of $3 per book for the entire invoice. The images are e-mailed to the address provided with the submission on the day that the books are shipped out. The images are of the front of the book (in the holder) only and are 72 dpi measuring about 7 by 10 inches. They are designed so you can post your newly graded books on the internet or e-mail them to a prospective buyer.

36,952 posts

here, btw, is what one looks like from CGC. My scanner SUCKS, so I get them done:

hansi.jpg