• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC notes on slab for Foreign Comics

18 posts in this topic

I have a few slabbed comics that are foreign, some have notes as to what comic they correspond to under that particular country's name given to that comic. For example I think I have an Italian Spiderman 300, it says L'Uomo Ragno 91, on the right it has what american issues it contains. On some newer ones that I ad slabbed that correspond to SW8, they only have the name that that country has them under and UK edition, or Mexican edition, or whatever but, they do not say what american issue they belong to.

My question is simple, today I got a Brazilian Spiderman 300 but, the cover, only the cover, is different, completely different, a Brazilian cover but, it's definitely the Spiderman 300 story, so if slabbed, how would anybody know what issue that belongs to, would there be some sort of note as in "Amazing Spiderman 300 Brazilian cover". or would it just say the Brazilain cover title and the 'Brazilian edtion' on the left?

HELP

Slabbed comics are slowly starting to make their way into South of texas territory down to the bottom tip of South America, and also in Europe, at some point (My theory) these key issues, will be wanted much more if slabbed and SSed but, if the note on the slab says nothing about the comic, people won't know what comic it is if it has a different cover.

.. and yes I care, there are other people that collect foreign editions of Marvel..I hope..I can't be the only one out there... hm

Slabbed comics are slowly starting to make their way into South of texas territory down to the bottom tip of South America, and also in Europe, at some point (My theory) these key issues, will be wanted much more if slabbed and SSed but, if the note on the slab says nothing about the comic, people won't know what comic it is if it has a different cover.

.. and yes I care, there are other people that collect foreign editions of Marvel..I hope..I can't be the only one out there... hm

Cant read them once slabbed anyways right (shrug)

You might as well slab them. You can't read the damn things even if they're raw. :makepoint:

Hell, if you're going to make that argument....some foreign books I can't even read raw, so might as well slab them.

I think all of my French and German slabs only say "German Variant", or "French Variant" on the cover. Nothing else unless the cover was drawn by someone like Jim Lee or Gabriele Dell'Otto.

Brian

Yeah that French Batman Joker Cover that keeps selling in the sales forum says French Variant on it, but is that only cause its a different cover or do bgh's variants feature normal covers?

shark2557, where is that spidey from..netherlands?

I haven't figured out where this comic is from. I've posted it on the boards a few times asking the same question but never got an answer. (shrug)

I haven't figured out where this comic is from. I've posted it on the boards a few times asking the same question but never got an answer. (shrug)

It's Czechoslovakian - the Kč in the price is the Czech Koruna.

It's Czechoslovakian - the Kč in the price is the Czech Koruna.

Thanks Mike. (thumbs u

I had a suspicion it was from Czechoslovakia because of the CZ underneath the Marvel logo but nobody ever confirmed it until now.

I'm actually thinking of having this one slabbed eventually.....

Spider-Man1NM-.jpg

I believe that one is from the Czech Republic. The word "Nakladatelství" is Chech for "Publisher." Oh, and the fact that it says Marvel Comics Cz is also a dead giveaway!

Edit: Well, late to the party again... :sorry:

Well, if the books contains the same story (exactly same book and numerisitc order of that book with a different cover, f.e. Ultimate Spidey #1 in the U.S. and Ultimate Spidey #1 in Germany, but with different cover for the german version), the label will only say "German" or "French Variant".

Otherwise, it would just be the way it is right now. The label states title and number of the particular issue and notices the original U.S. or whatever first print contain.

I do have a loooooot of European issues..........mainly german.

BTW, I´m very happy Gabrielle gained that much popularity in the states. He´s a really talented artist and a great guy. Have quite a few OA from him. Mainly sketches, but they´re sooo cool :D

Hope he´ll do some work for the international market soon.