• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Offers Multiple Tiers On-Site At Wizard World Philadelphia!

153 posts in this topic

So, I am going to the the WW in Philly on Saturday only. Being a newb, I just wanna clarify...I can drop off a few books for onsite grading first thing in the morning, and pick them up towards the end of the day on Saturday? I have about 5 books I'd like to sub, Avengers #1, #4, Ironman #1, X-men #2, and X-men #9...

So, I am going to the the WW in Philly on Saturday only. Being a newb, I just wanna clarify...I can drop off a few books for onsite grading first thing in the morning, and pick them up towards the end of the day on Saturday? I have about 5 books I'd like to sub, Avengers #1, #4, Ironman #1, X-men #2, and X-men #9...
It is 50/50. If they arent done they get shipped to you. I would make it a point to go 2 days to cover your arse.

It is 50/50. If they arent done they get shipped to you. I would make it a point to go 2 days to cover your arse.

So it might be smart to drop them off on Friday and then keep my fingers crossed that they'd be done on Saturday. Hmm...I'll have to think this one through. I'm going with a bunch of friends and we all planned on going down just for Saturday...

noob question. is this on site grading or just drop off and they send back after the books are shipped back?

sorry, i should know better but i don't.

j :insane:

It's a "you drop it off on Friday and get it on Sunday" kind of thing.

Actually you can usually get your books back when you want because if they know you will here all weekend they will put your books to the back of the list for sunday.

However just say your there for Saturday only and you will get your books back that fast.

A couple of WW LA shows i was only there for SAT only, so you just have to get there at the beginning of the show and just tell them you are there for one day only and you will have your books back by like 5pm.

I've always gotten my books back very quickly. For me, on site is terrific.

Higher CGC on-site grading costs can also effect money spend in the room on dealers books.

Customer has to choice to spend close to $50.00 to get two modern books graded or spend the money on other comics in the room for example.

I'm sorry, but it seems like you really don't have a clue here.

The price went up $1 for Moderns (post-80) which encompasses the VAST majority of books that are on-site graded. Let me repeat - one dollah. And again ... uno dollar.

Your claim that people who spent $46 to have two moderns graded on-site last year will now suddenly go loco at the thought of having to pay $2 more is ridiculous. I am one of those people, and I honestly couldn't care less about this tiny price increase.

Sheesh.

noob question. is this on site grading or just drop off and they send back after the books are shipped back?

sorry, i should know better but i don't.

j :insane:

It's a "you drop it off on Friday and get it on Sunday" kind of thing.

Actually you can usually get your books back when you want because if they know you will here all weekend they will put your books to the back of the list for sunday.

However just say your there for Saturday only and you will get your books back that fast.

A couple of WW LA shows i was only there for SAT only, so you just have to get there at the beginning of the show and just tell them you are there for one day only and you will have your books back by like 5pm.

I've always gotten my books back very quickly. For me, on site is terrific.

I'm hoping that if I submit them first thing Saturday morning, I can manage to get mine back that afternoon. My plan is to go down early on Sat. with my friends...I'd hate to miss out and have them shipped back to me...

Maybe, as I feel this con will bomb. The guest list for Philly is horrible. I think this might be the last WW Philly :(

Aw, that would be sad, my friends and I have enjoyed that last two years. But with the economy the way it is, I can see it coming to an end...

I'm sorry, but it seems like you really don't have a clue here.

doh! If so, then he's got some company.

he price went up $1 for Moderns (post-80) which encompasses the VAST majority of books that are on-site graded. Let me repeat - one dollah. And again ... uno dollar.

No one is talking about the $24 tier, but the NEW $45 tier for books 1975-79 that have gone up significantly (those would be $24 before May - do the math). Try to follow the conversation next time. :makepoint: