• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Forum Etiquet Did I spell etiquet right? Guess I didnt. Sue me!

459 posts in this topic

Ok...A truly BEEEZARR thing happened to me on these Boards, Yesterday and this Morning. I noticed one of our Members Avatar was in Line with an Item I am planning on offering up for sale, Via -Feebay "non comic related" but directly related to his/her Avatar.

So I figure I would PM him/her and offer it up to him/her first to save us both some Coin, Me Fees and potentially him/her a better deal since he/she is a forumite and I would rather give boardies a price break.

I have never corresponded with him/her in the past, never bought nor sold anything with him/her that I can remember.

After my initial PM he/she did not respond at all just removed himself/herself from the topic. I thought that was strange, So this Morning I Sent him/her another PM politely telling him/her that that response is a first for me on these Boards, and that common courtesy would be to at least tell me no thank you! I finished by telling him/her I apologized if I had offended him/her in any way, and hope he/she enjoyed the rest of his/her weekend. This persons response was to again remove themself from the topic.

I am curious by nature and situations like this drive me nutz trying to figure out WHY??

This isnt High school so I really shouldnt too concerned I guess with someone whom obviously doesnt like me, Although I have no idea why, or maybe this person is just rude, or maybe Forum etiquet "dont think Im spelling that word right" states that its rude to offer private sales Via PM.

I have many times offered up Items via PM to Boardies, and they to me so I dont think there is anything wrong with Doing this, am I wrong?

Oh and to that Boardie whom has ignored me twice please PM me and Tell me what I did wrong if anything so I can rectify it. Karma can be a person_without_enough_empathy

Yeah I get pm's all the time if I want to buy certain books and I just say no thanks and sometimes with a reason why. I figure if I am polite, that when it comes time that if they do have a book I want I will be able to get it.

One thing that surprises me which is a good thing is that usually the people that pm me are long time members or are known sellers here. I have yet to be spammed by a new person trying to sell me something.

I've had a few people offer me books via PM and I really appreciate it. Personally I don't see anything wrong with it, but each to their own I suppose (shrug)

A reply of some kind would have been better than a complete brush off though.

I told you to quit PMing me you stalker! (tsk)

Quit Staring at me!!! Your Avatar creeps me out!!! :o

:devil:

:baiting:

Au contraire...

Offering items for sale on the boards via PM is COMPLETELY in order...and frankly one of the best things about these boards...getting a shot at books that people know you're interested in, having an opportunity to negotiate terms, both price and time-payments etc. I've been able to add some killer books to my collection thanks to some great boardies PMing me that I might never have seen and had a chance to buy... (thumbs u

And it would be the minimum etiquette for the other party to provide a short quick reply "No thanks" but hey, I was taught manners where I grew up... doh!

Au contraire...

Offering items for sale on the boards via PM is COMPLETELY in order...and frankly one of the best things about these boards

Exactly! I've had some great books offered to me first because a seller I have dealt with in the past knows my collecting focus. I would have no problem with this, and have turned down books, but always politely versus deleting the PM. :screwy:

I was seriously considering making an offer on a book or two on this guys /gals sales thread, But I refuse to do buisness with mean People.But as stated above maybe I offended this person in which case I hope they PM me so I can make it straight.

I try to be a nice Guy on these boards and allways be fair and honest in any Dealings I have with all you guys........IM A GOOD PERSON!!!! people like me darn it!!!!

sniff sniff

Au contraire...

Offering items for sale on the boards via PM is COMPLETELY in order...and frankly one of the best things about these boards...getting a shot at books that people know you're interested in, having an opportunity to negotiate terms, both price and time-payments etc. I've been able to add some killer books to my collection thanks to some great boardies PMing me that I might never have seen and had a chance to buy... (thumbs u

And it would be the minimum etiquette for the other party to provide a short quick reply "No thanks" but hey, I was taught manners where I grew up... doh!

:whistle:

I was seriously considering making an offer on a book or two on this guys /gals sales thread, But I refuse to do buisness with mean People.But as stated above maybe I offended this person in which case I hope they PM me so I can make it straight.

I try to be a nice Guy on these boards and allways be fair and honest in any Dealings I have with all you guys........IM A GOOD PERSON!!!! people like me darn it!!!!

sniff sniff

sSa_falltopieces.gif

sniff sniff

Only because you have no Bats to sell :sumo:

:baiting:

Au contraire...

You get your FF 1 yet?

sniff sniff

Quit trying to lowball me :makepoint: :makepoint:

And thats BS! JR is one of the nisect guys on the boards. (thumbs u

Au contraire...

You get your FF 1 yet?

Not til October/November

IM A GOOD PERSON!!!! people like me darn it!!!!

sniff sniff

Why did you PM me this photo?

Want to come play dress-up as a Transformer?

super%20hero%20duct%20tape%20man.jpg

:roflmao: