• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo C2E2 + April16-18, 2010 + McCormick Place

1,036 posts in this topic

There are certainly issues with regard to the Rosemont but I do love the hotel setup.

Not sure what we are doing for rooms yet with C2E2.

Had a great conversation with Mark (Yodude) about the show at Wizard World last week. If it hadn't been quite so busy on Saturday I could have taken him up on his lunch offer.

Venus is much closer from McCormick.

Can't we pick a different place? :wishluck:

+1 ( not that theres anything wrong with Venus :cloud9:)

by being downtown -- isnt the world at our feet - so to speak - concerning food choices

Well, aside from the fact that it's the annual GREEKTOWN dinner :makepoint:, I've eaten in most of the other restaurants and Venus has the best food of all of them. You can find any kind of restaurant you like downtown, but trying to find one that'll accommodate a large group like ours and that everyone will be happy with the food is quite a task.

Ang: I think Docs hoping for a change of venue differs from BigMikes.

Jim

by being downtown -- isnt the world at our feet - so to speak - concerning food choices

Well, aside from the fact that it's the annual GREEKTOWN dinner :makepoint:, I've eaten in most of the other restaurants and Venus has the best food of all of them. You can find any kind of restaurant you like downtown, but trying to find one that'll accommodate a large group like ours and that everyone will be happy with the food is quite a task.

Jim

Mike agrees with Jim on a change in venue, which is perfectly fine. I've no issue with that. But when he says that "the world is at our feet... concerning food choices", I took that to mean that we could eat at an Italian, Thai, Mexican, whatever restaurant. I was pointing out (which I could've done in a less smarta$$ manner, sorry Mike :foryou: ) that it's called the Greektown dinner for a reason.

Jim

Mike agrees with Jim on a change in venue, which is perfectly fine. I've no issue with that. But when he says that "the world is at our feet... concerning food choices", I took that to mean that we could eat at an Italian, Thai, Mexican, whatever restaurant. I was pointing out (which I could've done in a less smarta$$ manner, sorry Mike :foryou: ) that it's called the Greektown dinner for a reason.

I guess I posted to quickly without thinking about what I was posting -- my meaning was`nt to discount the "Greektown dinner" -- I was thinking that there wouldnt necessarily be a "Greektown dinner" in the spring since it always been connected with the wizard show -- my bad -- :foryou: i`m open for all the dinners that can be had -- ( wife and son will in attendance part of the April show , and would love to have them meet a bunch of other boardies ) -- my apologies to you Angelo

I never meant 2 cause u any sorrow

I never meant 2 cause u any pain

I only wanted 2 one time see u Spirit hunting

I only wanted 2 see u spirit hunting in the McCormick Place

:foryou: :foryou: :foryou: :foryou: :foryou: :foryou: :foryou: :foryou: :foryou: :foryou: :foryou: :foryou:

lol F'get about it, Mike. I may opt to do something else, we'll see. Like you said, we have so many options at our disposal. Maybe it would be a good idea to try a different cuisine each year. It's something for me to think about.

lol F'get about it, Mike. I may opt to do something else, we'll see. Like you said, we have so many options at our disposal. Maybe it would be a good idea to try a different cuisine each year. It's something for me to think about.

How about you make a list of restaurants and simply have a poll when the time approaches. Majority rules.

(shrug)

How about you make a list of restaurants and simply have a poll when the time approaches. Majority rules.

(shrug)

(thumbs u

How is the quality of the Chinese food in Chicago? Perhaps we can hike over to Chinatown and have a 10 course set seafood dinner on round tables? Chinese restaurants usually :sick: not known for its booze selection though.

(shrug)

Because the crack option will win in a landslide :P

(shrug)

They serve crack in Chicago?

:insane:

(shrug)

I was able to make a pretty good score late Saturday night, so yes! :D

(shrug)

Weren't we supposed to have a drink off or something?

(shrug)

Weren't we supposed to have a drink _____ off or something?

Oh... the possibilities. :whistle:

(shrug)

Oh, the diverse personalities that roam these boards.

:whistle:

(shrug)

Oh, the diverse perverse personalities that roam these boards.

:whistle:

(thumbs u

(shrug)

Yes! I intended to introduce myself to you and Lou, but after I went outside to have a cigar, almost everyone cleared out.

(shrug)

Yes! I intended to introduce myself to you and Lou, but after I went outside to have a cigar, almost everyone cleared out.

:frustrated:

We wound up at the Hyatt where everyone was having a drink off it seemed.

Sorry to have missed you.

Nik would want us to eat Fine Indian Cuisine

:roflmao: