• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Westerns (Silver Age)
7 7

2,225 posts in this topic

I was thinking the same way as you about OSPG needed to reflect actual costs for these books, then I remembered I'm still missing a ton of these and I would rather have them under the radar so I can buy more.

I was thinking the same way as you about OSPG needed to reflect actual costs for these books, then I remembered I'm still missing a ton of these and I would rather have them under the radar so I can buy more.

I agree with you...but I see a pretty nice tread of pretty good prices on these. And still dont see a major bump in the overstreet. (shrug) I will pass on superhero comics that I need...but if you offer me a western I need I am buying it! Hard to find stuff!!! As you already know!

Anyone have an extra Rawhide Kid #27...might as well just throw that out there...lol

Some of the following books are cross-posted. I hope nobody minds.

I was on a tear last weekend at the Boston Comic Con, and finished both my Kirby Rawhide Kid and Gunsmoke Western run. Photos coming soon to a Group Shot Thread near you. In the meantime, here's some scans of my recent pickups.

RK17.jpg

RK22.jpg

The #61 is not too shabby, but I think the Two Gun Kid #62 is the nicest western I now own. I liked it so much I had to initial it.

TGK61.jpg

TGK62.jpg

:o That Two Gun KId 61 is beautiful and extremely hard to find in a nice grade. Congratulations that is one sweet keeper.

Edited by crimson dynamo

The #61 is not too shabby, but I think the Two Gun Kid #62 is the nicest western I now own. I liked it so much I had to initial it.

TGK61.jpg

TGK62.jpg

:o That Two Gun KId 61 is beautiful and extremely hard to find in a nice grade. Congratulations that is one sweet keeper.

All of those books look great! Nice score!!! PM me what you blew on those! Cant see those copies going cheap! (worship)

Fantastic Books!!! The 61 and 62 are in beautiful shape. Congrats on finishing the runs of Rawhide and Gunsmoke Western, less competition unless you want to upgrade.

I would like to thank Jimbo for his undercopy of Black Rider and a copy of Kid Colt 76

The Black Rider looks much better in hand plus the stories really are fun to read.

blackrider.jpg

kco76.jpg

That 19 is no where nice as yours :cloud9::gossip: The 27 is the highest CGC graded so far.

Yes and very rare. I would love to get a hold of a 27 that looks like that.

I wouldn't be surprised if it stays top dog for a while. I haven't looked lately, but there's not a whole lot of Westerns in the census period, and higher grade slab sales do not seem to draw others out of the woodwork.

Nice book BTW! Congrats!

Thanks, It cost me a few items which I had to sell to pay for it, but it was worth it IMO. I lost out when it sold at the first Jerry Weist auction and when the buyer listed at his cost factoring in shipping , fees etc. I had to have it.

Early SA Rawhide Kids

RawhideKid9.jpg