Marvel Westerns (Silver Age)
7 7

1,564 posts in this topic

7,448 posts
:popcorn:

BTW, while the grading on the books in last night's auction may have been a little loose, they still appeared to be pretty sweet copies.

As basically raw collector and while grade is important I look at the visual appeal of the book more. That why while I had some concerns I still bid more than guide for those books.

Yeah eye appeal is huge with me too. You said you won 1 auction last night. What did you get? (shrug)

And that Rawhide Kid #6 is sick...but you knew that. lol

18,765 posts
The postman just delivered this.

I know it's not technically SA but it's a SA character.

RK06.jpg

I wish I was on YOUR mailman's route!!

9,043 posts
:popcorn:

BTW, while the grading on the books in last night's auction may have been a little loose, they still appeared to be pretty sweet copies.

As basically raw collector and while grade is important I look at the visual appeal of the book more. That why while I had some concerns I still bid more than guide for those books.

Yeah eye appeal is huge with me too. You said you won 1 auction last night. What did you get? (shrug)

And that Rawhide Kid #6 is sick...but you knew that. lol

Not much, some lower and mid grade copies of Gunsmoke Western 49, 62, and a Two-Gun Kid 61. Not from these auctions,

55,138 posts

Rawhide #17 is so incredibly difficult to find, and I don't *truly* understand why.

Granted, it's a #1 issue, but since it was #17, people didn't save it like a real #1. Granted. But #18 and #19 are far, far, far more common. I've seen maybe 10 copies of #17 or sale on eBay in the last 10 years or so, but #18 and #19 come up for sale about once every third month or so, on average, or about 4 times per year.

For perspective, Heritage has only sold 3 copies in the last 7 years (including the 5.5 for $54 in 2003, which JUST STEAMS ME.)

55,138 posts
The postman just delivered this.

I know it's not technically SA but it's a SA character.

RK06.jpg

Very nice! Did you buy it from Heritage last year yourself, or through someone else later on?

7,448 posts
Rawhide #17 is so incredibly difficult to find, and I don't *truly* understand why.

Granted, it's a #1 issue, but since it was #17, people didn't save it like a real #1. Granted. But #18 and #19 are far, far, far more common. I've seen maybe 10 copies of #17 or sale on eBay in the last 10 years or so, but #18 and #19 come up for sale about once every third month or so, on average, or about 4 times per year.

For perspective, Heritage has only sold 3 copies in the last 7 years (including the 5.5 for $54 in 2003, which JUST STEAMS ME.)

:o Now that was a Niceeeee pick-up!!!

9,043 posts
where'd this thread go?

It's waiting for my next image posting (tomorrow).

That Gunsmoke Western I bought off you on ebay is extremely nice for the grade. Its a great place holder. If I would've known it was you before the ebay purchase I would've tried to save you some fees.

266 posts

RK06.jpg

Very nice! Did you buy it from Heritage last year yourself, or through someone else later on?

No, I wasn't buying these last year - I really started getting back into the groove a few months ago.

27,915 posts

Dang, Mark......you don't play.....GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a frend of jesus) (thumbs u

1,895 posts

Nice books. This thread needs at least one Outlaw Kid, no? (shrug)

Outlaw15.jpg

2,542 posts
Nice books. This thread needs at least one Outlaw Kid, no? (shrug)

Outlaw15.jpg

Maneely :cloud9:

5,551 posts
TwoGunKid52.jpg

Nice. It's definitely Ditko inks -- Kirby pencils? (the way the Indians are holding the guns in the bottom panel).

1,148 posts

[

Nice. It's definitely Ditko inks -- Kirby pencils? (the way the Indians are holding the guns in the bottom panel).

I agree, it looks like Kirby pencils and Ditko inks.