• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHEW, from Image Comics
1 1

6,765 posts in this topic

you guys remember Viking # 1 ? didn't they go for $20-$30 when it fist came out? And now first prints are back to $3-$5

Are you sure Viking 1 sold for that much? I've always seen them at $2.99. I never noticed a spike at all.

The difference between this book and Viking is that this book is well-written where Viking had some writing problems in the first few pages. With Chew, I've heard nothing but praise while the reviews on Viking are below average.

With that being said, I doubt the price will remain as high as it is now on Chew.

BTW, what store do you go to in Tampa? None of the stores here seemed to order any (like usual on new Image books). My copy of Chew I think was the only one that Demolition ordered.

I usually go to Green Shift, Demolition Comics, or Village Comic Club.

not promising anything but i'm going to a smaller cs in lancaster pa (going to get my punny tat touched up, right across the parking lot, so i'll hit them up to see if they have any copies, if they do, whatever they have left i'll pick up. i'll let you guys know tonight.

as usual they will be only cover + shipping if i they have any.

j

If you have one left I would love to get one (but you would have to ship it to Belgium) :angel:

you guys remember Viking # 1 ? didn't they go for $20-$30 when it fist came out? And now first prints are back to $3-$5

Are you sure Viking 1 sold for that much? I've always seen them at $2.99. I never noticed a spike at all.

The difference between this book and Viking is that this book is well-written where Viking had some writing problems in the first few pages. With Chew, I've heard nothing but praise while the reviews on Viking are below average.

With that being said, I doubt the price will remain as high as it is now on Chew.

BTW, what store do you go to in Tampa? None of the stores here seemed to order any (like usual on new Image books). My copy of Chew I think was the only one that Demolition ordered.

We ordered and received more than 1 copy, but they sold out almost immediately.

Edited by NamesJay

Got lucky and snagged the last two at my lcs in Oshkosh on Thursday/Friday. I thought about it last week after the iFanboy guys were talking about it. Then I forgot until I saw the WTB thread here. Picked one of the last two on Thursday and then checked eBay doh! Of course I went back the next day and they still had the last copy on the shelf.

I picked it up and the owner asked if I was going to eBay it I said no but they are going for $25. He was suprised to say the least.

I loved the book. Its going to be on the top of my list if it stays this good. Im pretty new to comics again and after spending way too much getting all the Walking Dead issues its nice to be on this one from the start.

i went to my lcs who pulled the last 3 copies to find out that they sold all of them for $15 each. so i didn't get one and worst of all, a copy that i promised boozad was sold.

nice, been going there off and on for almost 20 years and they pull this to make a few $$'s.

j

:cry:

I just passed up on two copies as well!

i'm sorry gav, i was gutted not so much for me but for you when i went in, had them pull my subs and no copies were there (even after calling fri night "yep we have all three waiting for you").

i'll have to make this up to you gav.

j

i'm sorry gav, i was gutted not so much for me but for you when i went in, had them pull my subs and no copies were there (even after calling fri night "yep we have all three waiting for you").

j

Dude that blows. I'm sorry to hear that.

j

Nothing to make up dude, thanks for trying. (thumbs u

I was more gutted when my Batman #608 RRP that I'd agreed payment terms on suddenly got snapped up on a BIN before the seller removed the listing :eek: