• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ebay seller "TYBEANSTY" anybody dealt with him before?

229 posts in this topic

Here we go as promised and I think I did pretty good adn I need to add a correction - after better inspection - all 3 copies are what I could qualify as WHITE pages - the edges seem like they are just starting to go off white, but has not crossed the line yet:

Sub-Mariner #20 Near Mint- Condition (4 spinal flaws, LLC is a bit blunted) ebay item 2214275390 - $14

submariner20.jpg

Sub-Mariner #24 Fine+ Condition (3 spinal creases, but some printer's ink smudging across entire cover from COMICS in MCG price box extending to the right, LRC a bit bent, but nothing a little pressing can't fix devil.gif - otherwise comic is structurally a VF+ ) ebay item 2214275759 - $4

submariner24.jpg

Sub-Mariner #31 Very Fine Condition (other than the PQ issue going on on the spine in the lower left corner, book is structurally in the NM range) ebay item 2214277721 - $6.50

submariner31.jpg

I got great deals, unless these books are trimmed (the 20 is shorter and skinnier than both the 24 and 31) shocked.gif but most likely the 20 is a miscut? check the right edge - there is a bit of a slant - I'm no FF when it comes to resto detecto however...

I think that Suby 20 is more like a VF+.

That looks like a serious crease on the spine that ends near Sub-M's belly button on the logo.

That bottom spine corner isn't looking too sharp either.

You are right that 20 looks funny size wise too... confused.gif

You and I are seeing the same things then on the 20...remember that I did magnify the book so you guys could see the flaws. The belly button crease (why are you looking there? shy.gif) maybe be serious enough to knock it down to VF/NM but VF+? It breaks color granted but...the more I look at it I think it is reaching to NM-, but still there based on color and sharpness of three corners? - damn that LLC!

I have really liked that 20 cover for a while. Great looking book. Doom especially.

I had also never seen the Subby 8 cover before (so, sue me). Tybeansty's copy went for crazy money ($203.52). Do you know if that is that typical for a 8? I guess I had never given the Sub-Mariner run notice other than 34 and 35. My fault.

I bid that Subby #8 up to $200 and was beat! I have never seen a raw copy go for that sort of money! I have never actually bid that sort of money on a raw comic with a cr@p scan, but I was taking my chances, I never dreamed I would be outbid!

I would say this was well overpriced for a raw copy, but any issue 8 CGCd at 9.4 or better would command this, plus lots more, so it is taking chances!

The highest I paid for a raw copy of this was $140, which I knew was a 9.2 or better (hopefully better!). We shall see, it is with CGC at the moment 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

The highest I paid for a raw copy of this was $140, which I knew was a 9.2 or better (hopefully better!). We shall see, it is with CGC at the moment 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Is that why you sold me this $??? "hand-me-down"? shocked.giftongue.gif

submariner8cgc92label.jpg

submariner8cgc92.jpg

and for weird - here are some other Subbys I have smile.gif

submariner7cgc75.jpg

submariner9cgc75.jpg

submariner10cgc80.jpg

submariner13cgc92.jpg

submariner31cgc92.jpg

submariner54cgc85.jpg

submariner61cgc80.jpg

Nice stuff. It's definitely a title I haven't paid much attention to in the past. That cover to #7 just proves it was Namor on the grassy knoll.

My only two Subbys are the Defenders prequels:

A F/VF 34

Web%20Sub34.jpg

and a VF/NM 35

Web%20Sub35.jpg

I received my 2 books from him today, and his grading is HORRIBLE!!!! I bought a Wonder Woman from him that he said was a NM-, and every corner is rounded, there are 4 or 5 spine bends, a 2-prong hole that indents the back cover, and a huge middle cover crease. I think CGC would probably grade it a FN or so. And the VF Lois Lane I won from him is probably closer to a FN/VF. There are going to be a lot of very p*ssed off people in the next couple of days! mad.gif

I received my 2 books from him today, and his grading is HORRIBLE!!!! I bought a Wonder Woman from him that he said was a NM-, and every corner is rounded, there are 4 or 5 spine bends, a 2-prong hole that indents the back cover, and a huge middle cover crease. I think CGC would probably grade it a FN or so. And the VF Lois Lane I won from him is probably closer to a FN/VF. There are going to be a lot of very p*ssed off people in the next couple of days! mad.gif
frown.gif

I bid accordingly. I figured his NM- might be VFs, but I certainly didn't expect a FN book with multiple flaws. The seller knew exactly what he was doing, and now a bunch of people are going to have to go through the BS process of sending the books back for refunds, or they'll just keep them to avoid the hassle and the seller wins.

I just gone another book from him a Thor 204 vf- that would be VF in my book.. I thought we practicing safe bidding (downgrading stated raw grade by 2 full points and bidding accordingly)? confused-smiley-013.gif

Maybe you're too loose with your grading & Bonds is too conservative? confused-smiley-013.gif

I wish I could scan it so you could all see how horribly overgraded it is, but I don't think the flaws would show up very good on a scanner. I just read his feedback and everyone is praising him, so maybe he didn't look at my comic carefully? confused-smiley-013.gif Hopefully he'll honor his refund policy.

I wish I could scan it so you could all see how horribly overgraded it is, but I don't think the flaws would show up very good on a scanner. I just read his feedback and everyone is praising him, so maybe he didn't look at my comic carefully? confused-smiley-013.gif Hopefully he'll honor his refund policy.

Feedback can be deceiving as you know. The sad thing is, I bet most of the winners wouldn't know if they received an overgraded POS. 893frustrated.gif

Feedback can be deceiving as you know. The sad thing is, I bet most of the winners wouldn't know if they received an overgraded POS. 893frustrated.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif