• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scam alert -- Superman #1

25 posts in this topic

Not only is he a scammer, but it looks like he's shilling his auction, too.
the bidding pattern might look suspicious, but I don't think he is shilling...normally, a shill bidder has like 70-90% bids with the "to be shilled" seller...this 4***4(3) only has 6% of his bids (1 item) so I suspect it is a legit newbie

"HERE IT IS!!! ANOTHER ONE OF MY TREASURE FINDS... I BOUGHT THIS BOOK OFF SOME OLD GUY SELLING A BUNCH OF OLD MAGS AND . HE HAD IT IN A PLASTIC BAG THAT LOOKED LIKE IT HADNT BEEN TOUCHED FOR A LONG LONG TIME SO THE BOOKS IN GREAT SHAPE!!!! I WENT OVER THIS BOOK A DOZEN TIMES AND THE ONLY DATE I CAN FIND ON IT IS 1939. THIS BOOK IS ALSO A LITTLE BIGGER THEN MY MODERN DAY COMICS SO YOUR GUESS IS AS GOOD AS MINE....HAPPY BIDDING"

His use of upper case for all of his text has convinced me that he is only slightly misguided. :insane:

Followed up with...

"NOTE: TO ALL BIDDERS IVE BEEN GETTING A LOT OF EMAILS THAT ARE TELLING ME THAT THIS IS NOT AN ORIGINAL. SOME SAY ITS FROM 1974 AND SOME SAY ITS FROM 1978. WHATEVER THE CASE IS, PLEASE NOTE I NEVER SAID THAT IT WAS AN ORIGINAL!! ALL I STATED IS THAT THE ONLY DATE ON THIS BOOK IS 1939 AND IT DOESNT SAY REPRINT ON THE BOOK ANY WERE. I LOOKED UP COMICPRICEGUIDE.COM AND THE ONLY REPRINT FOR SUPERMAN 1 IN FROM 1999. SO WHATEVER THE CASE MAY BE, IM ONLY STATING WHAT I HAVE RIGHT HERE IN FRONT OF ME.....IF YOU THINK IM TRYING TO SCAM YOU THEN PLEASE DONT BID.....ID RATHER NOT DEAL WITH THE PROBLEMS.....THANK YOU"

What a mook.

His handle is even "themanovsteel" and he knows nothing of Superman #1? doh!