• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

So, this was from an ad in the modern comics section, not a FS thread?  The ad should have been posted in the dealers section.  The seller has shipped the books, during the dispute?   How convenient for him.   I would refuse the package. 

I agree completely that the ad should have been posted in the dealers section, otherwise it should have been in the appropriate sales forum and conform to those rules. As for the shipping, the buyer would need to specify the exact day he first asked for a refund.

1 hour ago, Jonnywadd said:

He wants to give me a partial refund, but would like the send the #2s that did make the grade to me.  I don't want the #2s, if I can't get the #1s to make the grade.

23 minutes ago, crassus said:

I agree completely that the ad should have been posted in the dealers section, otherwise it should have been in the appropriate sales forum and conform to those rules. As for the shipping, the buyer would need to specify the exact day he first asked for a refund.

I asked for the refund yesterday

6 minutes ago, Jonnywadd said:

I asked for the refund yesterday

His responses to a refund weren't leaning toward customer satisfaction whatsoever.  His responses were looking to defend his sales and I feel the lack of clarity as well.

17 hours ago, comicdonna said:

It's my opinion that if the seller can't provide you with the 6 9.8 slabs, you are entitled to a full refund.  The comment about doing the entire series isn't binding, the way it's written. 

This is why I'm not a fan of presales. 

Been wondering where you've been. :foryou:

On 5/25/2017 at 11:25 AM, Pickie said:

Not quite sure whether this is the correct place/thread for my request, so apologies beforehand and please advise if not:

Is there anyone who is friends with Robert Beerbohm and who can ask him for me that he might want to ship my long paid purchase of the "Comic cardboard sign/poster 1920s 'Boston Sunday Advertiser'" now?

You know, I was aware and I am aware of the fact that some issues with blbcomics have been discussed on these boards and I don't want to talk about that. I simply trusted Robert with my purchase but I don't manage to get in touch with him at present. Not via email and not via phone. He seems to still have his business running though (positive feedback up to this month).

Any plain help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Did you ever receive your item from Mr. Beerbohm?

No.

Not yet.

He emailed me due to my posting on the boards and complained about me. Then, step by step, the email correspondence with him improved, albeit last email of him was from June 1st - "Am gearing up to ship this sign to you. (...)" - with no further message since then. I'm going to ask him about what he wants me to do next some time soon.

8 hours ago, finecomics said:

I have a board member that responded to sales thread with a commitment to purchase 2 different sets of comics totaling $150 back on May 10th.  No response to PMs since.  How do I proceed?

Do you still have all the books available? If so and since its been 30 days you can nominate for the PL with the demand that the buyer fulfil their obligation to buy. I'm assuming here you have the PM exchanges confirming the transaction. Your other option is to abandon the sale, forget about the PL and relist the books for sale. Since its been 30 days, either way, you have done your due diligence and can pursue the buyer or move on as you think best. You can forgo the PL and still have your cake and eat it too, in a limited sense, by providing a link to the original thread or naming the buyer and then just relisting the books anyway. It's your call.  2c

4 hours ago, Pickie said:

No.

Not yet.

He emailed me due to my posting on the boards and complained about me. Then, step by step, the email correspondence with him improved, albeit last email of him was from June 1st - "Am gearing up to ship this sign to you. (...)" - with no further message since then. I'm going to ask him about what he wants me to do next some time soon.

I am waiting for a shipment from him dating to 2007 ... I jest. However, having purchased from him many years past, he would, for example, either not ship to me all of the comic books that I had paid for or ship a fine copy of a book although I had purchased and paid for a VF/NM copy (if you grade that subjectively, you are in the wrong business). Of course, he would take several months to ship after I had paid him.

Thankfully, in the end, after many emails and voice messages (I don't recall that he ever answered his telephone), I was able to obtain a refund of all the money I had paid him for books he did not ship or shipped a lower grade copy of, although accepting my money for a higher grade copy. Strangely, I never received a higher graded copy than what I had purchased ;).

2 hours ago, crassus said:

Do you still have all the books available? If so and since its been 30 days you can nominate for the PL with the demand that the buyer fulfil their obligation to buy. I'm assuming here you have the PM exchanges confirming the transaction. Your other option is to abandon the sale, forget about the PL and relist the books for sale. Since its been 30 days, either way, you have done your due diligence and can pursue the buyer or move on as you think best. You can forgo the PL and still have your cake and eat it too, in a limited sense, by providing a link to the original thread or naming the buyer and then just relisting the books anyway. It's your call.  2c

Yes, I still have the books.  Nothing posted in a thread, but I do have PMs which indicate a purchase and acknowledgment of the amount.  I'll make one last attempt to determine member's intentions and then proceed appropriately.  thanks.

10 hours ago, Pickie said:

No.

Not yet.

That's his modus operandi. Blame the victim, especially if they are posters on the CGC forums. Or blame an illness that either he or his daughter may or may not have suffered. He's one of the biggest scammers in the business. He gives Danny Dupcak a run for his money. I hope you get what you ordered from him soon.

Not sure if this is probation worthy, looking for input and not sure which rules apply to these circumstances:

June 14: I make an offer for a slabbed book via PM.

June 15: Seller and I agree on a price, an invoice is sent to my PayPal account.

June 16-17: PayPal invoice is closed by seller, I contact seller to find out what happened, no response from seller.

June 17: Book is claimed with other books by another boardie in the thread. Still no response from seller.

June 19: Book is marked as sold in sales thread.

Today, June 22: After one more PM to the seller I notice that he's started a new sales thread, and has been active on the boards.

Also notice that the book was claimed by another boardie on June 17 after I PMed about the deleted invoice.

3 hours ago, AmazingComics413 said:

Not sure if this is probation worthy, looking for input and not sure which rules apply to these circumstances:

June 14: I make an offer for a slabbed book via PM.

June 15: Seller and I agree on a price, an invoice is sent to my PayPal account.

June 16-17: PayPal invoice is closed by seller, I contact seller to find out what happened, no response from seller.

June 17: Book is claimed with other books by another boardie in the thread. Still no response from seller.

June 19: Book is marked as sold in sales thread.

Today, June 22: After one more PM to the seller I notice that he's started a new sales thread, and has been active on the boards.

Also notice that the book was claimed by another boardie on June 17 after I PMed about the deleted invoice.

I would say if they sold at a higher price, they should pay you the difference from your original agreed upon price  or go on the PL. 

* given the existing facts 

8 hours ago, revat said:

I would say if they sold at a higher price, they should pay you the difference from your original agreed upon price  or go on the PL. 

So this is grounds for nomination? I haven't had this situation on the boards yet.

On 6/20/2017 at 9:00 AM, Jonnywadd said:

Just got a message that the #2s have shipped.  Oh man, what a mess this has turned out to be.

Chump got eBay to buy into his "already shipped" , and now those books are headed to me.  Chump move by the seller if you ask me.

18 hours ago, AmazingComics413 said:
On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 7:00 AM, revat said:

So this is grounds for nomination? I haven't had this situation on the boards yet.

I would think it is.  But I'm not sure.  It does seem like there's a way to make it right, seemingly no mitigating circumstances.