• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore Comic Convention 2009

653 posts in this topic

ohh, forgot, i have to check what is going on with The Senator.

the senator theatre? i do believe the city bought the lease and will keep it open now, atleast i think that is what i read in the sun a few weeks ago...

j

I'm so looking forward to this con. Its the only one I have been to but it was such a fun time. My Mom actually came (she's an graphic artist so being around artists was great for her) one year and scored a free Wasp sketch from Rand Arrington (local artist from Bad Monkey Brain). She had a great time. I'll be picking up my first commission this year so I'm supper psyched!

The Senator no longer shows first run movies. I believe the city did buy it and they are keeping it open. The sister theater, The Rotunda, is also back open and shows first run movies.

I'm so looking forward to this con. Its the only one I have been to but it was such a fun time. My Mom actually came (she's an graphic artist so being around artists was great for her) one year and scored a free Wasp sketch from Rand Arrington (local artist from Bad Monkey Brain). She had a great time. I'll be picking up my first commission this year so I'm supper psyched!

Does this CON have a large artist section? I'm always interested in getting sketches done, might have to bring my good sketch book.

Does this CON have a large artist section? I'm always interested in getting sketches done, might have to bring my good sketch book.

Yes. Tons of artists!!

i don't know if it has been updated since last week but these are the scheduled artists for b-more:

Jason Aaron

Mike Allred

Laura Allred

Ayers

Brian M Bendis

Doug Braithwaite

Pat Broderick

Jim Calafiore

Nick Cardy

Bernard Chang

Jo Chen

Sean Chen

Jimmy Cheung

Cliff Chiang

Frank Cho

Chris Claremont

Steve Conley

Amanda Conner

J.M. DeMatteis

Todd Dezago

Evan Dorkin

Jan Duursema

Sarah Dyer

Steve Englehart

Al Feldstien

David Finch

Bob Fingerman

Matt Fraction

John Gallagher

Ron Garney

Bryan Glass

Jimmy Gownley

Cully Hamner

Tony Harris

Dean Haspiel

Adam Hughes

Kathryn Immonen

Stuart Immonen

Georges Jeanty

JG Jones

Joe Jusko

Robert Kirkman

Barry Kitson

Scott Koblish

Scott Kurtz

Greg LaRocque

Erik Larsen

Steve Lieber

Luna Brothers

David Mack

Tom Mandrake

Larry Marder

Laura Martin

Ron Marz

Sean McKeever

Mark McKenna

Mike McKone

Bob McLeod

Carla Speed McNeil

Mark Morales

Doug Murray

Steve Niles

Kevin Nowlan

Phil Noto

Mike Oeming

Jimmy Palmiotti

Jeff Parker

Dan Parsons

George Perez

David Petersen

Brandon Peterson

Whilce Portacio

Eric Powell

Buddy Prince

Brian Pulido

Tom Raney

Alex Robinson

James Robinson

Budd Root

Don Rosa

Craig Rousseau

Stephane Roux

Tim Sale

Ian Sattler

Scott Cristian Sava

Marc Silvestri

Walter Simonson

Andy Smith

Jim Starlin

Brian Stelfreeze

Karl Story

Herb Trimpe

Billy Tucci

Jim Valentino

Rob Vendetti

Dexter Vines

Neil Vokes

Doug Wagner

Matt Wagner

Mark Waid

Len Wein

Brian Wood sponsored by Laughing Ogre

Bernie Wrightson

as you can see, it's just a few artists. you might be able to find 1 or 2 you wouldwant sketches from..

j

Oh you gotta be kiddin me...now THAT is a list of artists! What's the best thing to get a sketch on if I'd wanna frame it and put it on my wall? What do people usually get sketches on?

backing boards

:headbang:

Oh you gotta be kiddin me...now THAT is a list of artists! What's the best thing to get a sketch on if I'd wanna frame it and put it on my wall? What do people usually get sketches on?

backing boards

:headbang:

^^

Fullback only baby.

1 or 2 artists to do sketchs i see at least 10-15 guys i want blank covers done by! this guest list blows philly outta the water!!!

Yeah...you got me there...lol. I'm trying to get my hands on a bunch of those blank covers so I can get some sketches done while I'm down there...

Could anyone fill me in on the price that the average artist charges for a sketch? Say I get a sketch done on one of those blank cover books...can I ask for any character? Do they all charge? Just wondering, cause I need get an idea of how many books to bring with me in the fall for the show. Thanks as always!

Could anyone fill me in on the price that the average artist charges for a sketch? Say I get a sketch done on one of those blank cover books...can I ask for any character? Do they all charge? Just wondering, cause I need get an idea of how many books to bring with me in the fall for the show. Thanks as always!

I've gotten most of my sketchbook sketches for free. A few of the sketches that I bought off of artists was $30 or $40. Obviously the big guys cost more. I think Tim Sale is $100 or $125, Luna Bros were $100 & $80, don't really know about others. I haven't really gotten into the sketches and OA too much.

My CAF page in my sig should have the sketches I've gotten. Most are sketchbook sketches but they are fun.