• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: GA, pre-hero Marvels, more!

46 posts in this topic

Going to offer up a handful of VCC GA books at reduced prices, a couple of cool pre-hero Marvel books, and a few other odds and ends.

Shipping at cost. Any questions, feel free to ask. Thanks for looking! :)

Jon

Science Comics #3 in 1.0. My undercopy of one of the neatest Fox books ever printed (in fact, it's the book my avatar is taken from)! Classic sci-fi/superhero stories, GGA, bondage & torture panels. This copy is missing a non-story page, and would otherwise grade around 2.0/2.5 with a nice bright cover. Solid book with a few extra staples and some paper loss on the spine. Back $160

sci3.jpg

Startling Terror Tales #14 in 6.0. Gorgeous copy of this black LB Cole horror cover! Beautiful flat book dripping with gloss, rich inks. The colors really pop on this cover. Very tough to find one this nice. Back $115

(Edit: After taking a close look at the book, I'm going to call it a very strict 6.0 rather than a 6.5, mostly because of the ULC impact...which ironically, is less distracting in hand than in the scan, IMO. There's also a tiny water stain and a bit of dust shadowing at the bottom of the BC. But all the positives I've described still hold true...really nice overall "freshness", inks & ow/white pages. It's a beauty.)

stt14.jpg

All-Top #10 in 2.5/3.0. Classic Kamen bondage cover. Lower grade, spine a bit rough but real nice appearance overall. Inside the spine there are a couple tiny bits of tape reinforcement (seemingly unnecessary, as spine is not split, just frayed in a few places). Cover attached at staples. OS Guide is $181 in 2.5, $218 (!) in 3.0. Back $135

at10.jpg

Startling Terror Tales #14 in 6.5. Gorgeous copy of this black LB Cole horror cover! Beautiful flat book dripping with gloss, rich inks. The colors really pop on this cover. Very tough to find one this nice. Back $115

stt14.jpg

How are the pages on this book?

Crime Suspenstories #17 in 1.8. Reading copy of an incredible EC ish! Plenty o' wear, still decent for grade. Incredible Frazetta/Williamson art on one story, plus a Ray Bradbury adaptation by Johnny Craig. OS Guide is $35 in 2.0. Back $23 SOLD

css17r.jpg

Startling Comics #37 in 3.5. Schomburg bondage cover! Displays well for the grade with bright colors. There's a bit of a miscut to the interior pages (see back cover scan). Nice pages. Back $80 SOLD

start37.jpg

America's Best #11 in 2.0. Classic WWII Hirohito cover by Schomburg. General wear; half-inch water stain in the top margin of book, not awful. Nice cover colors. Back $100 SOLD

ambest11.jpg

Walt Disney Comics & Stories #26 in 2.5/3.0. Great early Walt Disney book with the classic Donald Duck football cover. Fun stuff inside, including a number of WWII-themed strips and features. General wear & some dirt/foxing. Solid, supple with bright creamy pages. Nice affordable copy. Back $50

wdcs26.jpg

cool books and really nice pricing! I'm tempted to buy the whole shootin' match! hm

Operators are standing by! :banana:

(No worries, I imagine everyone's a bit strapped these days. Thanks for the kind words, Phil! )

Walt Disney Comics & Stories #40, reading copy. Missing the centerfold, and cover wrap & first few page wraps are loose. Early Barks story is complete (a fun "Donald tries to ski" story). Also Walt Kelly's Gremlins! Nice black cover. Back $16

wdcs40.jpg

Uncle Scrooge #37 in 5.0/5.5. Very sharp copy, deep rich colors and bright pages. CF loose, and just a hint of reading crease. OS Guide is $30/33 in grade. $10

us37.jpg

Hangman #4, reading copy. Missing centerfold, rough but solid copy overall with archival tape on entire spine. Outrageous war stories throughout, including one that features a Nazi robot dinosaur (I kid you not)! Very tough book, not often for sale in any grade. (By way of reference, I sold a Hangman #5 with 3 centerfolds missing for $120 last year.) Back $100

hang4.jpg