• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Not going to SDCC?...affordable keys relief!...REDUCED PRICES...

35 posts in this topic

First :takeit: in the thread rules.

Payment methods: PayPal (click on the personal tab so there's no fees, or, add 3% to the total :smirk:), U.S. postal money order, or check (must clear first).

Shipping: 6.00 in U.S.--USPS Priority Flat Rate Envelope w/ Delivery Confirmation; outside of U.S., we'll work something out.

Thank you for looking . :smile:

Photo credits: wifey and JazzMan, take a bow. :applause: (Lord knows it's not me on the tech side of things :whistle:)

Daredevil #131...1st appearance of Bullseye...SOLD.

One of the better Bronze Age covers. :headbang:

Book lies flat (pic was taken on the towel and it looks like it's a tad rolled but it ain't :sumo:).

Solid FN+

DD131FC.jpg

DD131BC.jpg

Daredevil #158

First Frank Miller artwork on the Daredevil title. A sweet book at the tail end of the Bronze Age. :golfclap:

VF- (bought as a VF and it may be, but I'm doing the conservative tango)

DD158FC.jpg

DD158BC.jpg

Ghost Rider #1...SOLD

Fearsome first issue...mind-bending magazine...because you demanded it (hey, it's what the blurb says).

VG+

One of those, "great book, EXCEPT" deals...it's saddled with a major defect. :frown: There is moisture damage that goes through the book on the bottom quarter of the book. It's slightly wavy but still kind of subtle. :shrug: You obviously know it's there but it's not a deal-breaker defect if you're looking to land a copy on the cheap. As you can see in the pic, great colors and eye appeal. Staples are secure at cover and centerfold, and no rust.

Back in the day, Mac Man (new dad, Mac Man :applause:) owned this copy, and he'll vouch for it. I think he views it as closer to VG/FN. After Mac Man, comicseekers had it... so it was NOT one of the water-affected books from that long box brouhaha. :whistle:

GR1FC.jpg

GR1BC.jpg

Neal Adams homage to Detective Comics #31...

Batman #227...SOLD.

VG/FN

There is a 3/4" tear on top of page 15. Still a decent copy. Will this book ever cool off? :shrug:

BM227FC.jpg

BM227BC.jpg

May I suggest a nice linen from your ol' ladies cupboard or something as a background ? Anything but your used bath towel. lol

It's fresh and clean. :sumo:

I tried to extract some of the moisture damage from the book with said towel, but it just wasn't working. :smirk:

What's up, Hooks? Now this thread is rocking. :headbang:

Batman #227

VG/FN

There is a 3/4" tear on top of page 15. Still a decent copy. Will this book ever cool off? :shrug:

BM227FC.jpg

BM227BC.jpg

It may cool off with that copy. :gossip:

:jokealert:

Batman #227

VG/FN

BM227FC.jpg

BM227BC.jpg

It may cool off with that copy. :gossip:

:jokealert:

:hail:

Amazing Spider-Man #50

1st appearance of Kingpin. Obligatory graemlin: :sumo:

FR/GD

Absolutely beat but complete. 1 1/2" spine split at bottom. The more I look at this one, the more I sense it was run over by a truck. Twice.

The good news: staples secure and rust-free. If you've never owned this one, here's your chance for a relative song.

ASM50FC.jpg

ASM50BC.jpg

Yeah, I'd need to double check my original sales thread, but I think I graded the book 4.5 - 5.0. Presents hella nice but that moisture-induced waviness had me thinking 4.5. I won't lie--sometimes, I just can't make my mind up on one or the other, so I give it a .5 range of variance.

In any event, I figure it's great reader with lots of presentability for a great price! :grin:

Yeah, I'd need to double check my original sales thread, but I think I graded the book 4.5 - 5.0. Presents hella nice but that moisture-induced waviness had me thinking 4.5. I won't lie--sometimes, I just can't make my mind up on one or the other, so I give it a .5 range of variance.

In any event, I figure it's great reader with lots of presentability for a great price! :grin:

:thumbsup:

Amazing Spider-Man #121...

Death of Gwen Stacy. :sorry: RIP

VG (bought from nik at same grade)

front cover: major creasing; back cover: 1/4" chip missing from bottom edge and a 1" tear from it; also, major creasing on back cover. Instead of keying a car, did someone key this back cover? :shrug: Wait a minute, keying a key? :think:

ASM121FC.jpg

ASM121BC.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #122...

Death of Green Goblin...served him right. :mad:

VG (bought from nik at same grade)

front cover: 1/4" chip out of edge toward top; back cover: 1/4" tear on bott. edge; also, bottom staple detached at centerfold.

ASM122FC.jpg

ASM122BC.jpg

So I'm sincerely hoping this is you selling your undercopies? :eek: And it's great to see a thread full of wallet-friendly reader copies! Got to love those low grades!

The non-Spidey keys are not undercopies. :frown:...But the ASMs are. :smile: