Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
53 53

11,677 posts in this topic

12,418 posts
15 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

Found these at a garage sale

7F78EA52-A0BE-4F0E-BC25-41B070035F14.jpeg

awesome

what is the deal on the #1 cover? Is it real but just drawn on at the issue box and price?

29,075 posts
7 minutes ago, Bird said:

awesome

what is the deal on the #1 cover? Is it real but just drawn on at the issue box and price?

it was drawn in :tonofbricks:

12,418 posts
1 minute ago, jsilverjanet said:

it was drawn in :tonofbricks:

how many beats did you heart skip when you saw them?

good score. I hope you got them on the cheap too!

9,245 posts
24 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

Dang I know it's impolite but I want to know how much you peyote'd :eek: 

but CONGATS ^^ 

29,075 posts
Just now, Bird said:

how many beats did you heart skip when you saw them?

good score. I hope you got them on the cheap too!

I knew it was a reprint and also the condition of the FF49 was kinda poor so it wasn't a big deal to me. I paid him a lot more than he expected. He was very happy with what I gave him and I was very happy with the other books I had picked up before getting these.

39,583 posts
On 6/28/2019 at 9:13 PM, porcupine48 said:

Some have Canadian price differences,and there's a demand for the French ones in my experience,they're a little tough.I'm actually looking for a French Chaos in Calgary.

They are one of my hoarding weaknesses.

I’ve got multiples of all the Canadian price books.  Never seen the French ones....

39,821 posts
15 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

I’ve got multiples of all the Canadian price books.  Never seen the French ones....

Being Quebec(I think) only,they're sort of tough.Took me a long time to find three and four-and I'm in capital city,so I can see Quebec from my back window,visit friends in Hull/Gatineau quite often.Finding them in higher grade was another challenge altogether!

39,821 posts

I looked for online images,but no luck.Maybe @Get Marwood & I has scans,he's a super completist.

3,692 posts
Just now, porcupine48 said:

Being Quebec(I think) only,they're sort of tough.Took me a long time to find three and four-and I'm in capital city,so I can see Quebec from my back window,visit friends in Hull/Gatineau quite often.Finding them in higher grade was another challenge altogether!

Most people don't know how bad we have it.  Ottawa is comic-poor: a lot of small dealers asking big money for small books.  Gatineau/Hull is worse, all the back issues come from an overpriced Ottawa dealer.  There are probably a bunch of copies in Montreal, though.  Check with Rosaire Fontaine at the Walkley show, he's a good guy, and doesn't have the stink of a Montreal dealer on him that the others have.

39,821 posts
1 minute ago, FineCollector said:

Most people don't know how bad we have it.  Ottawa is comic-poor: a lot of small dealers asking big money for small books.  Gatineau/Hull is worse, all the back issues come from an overpriced Ottawa dealer.  There are probably a bunch of copies in Montreal, though.  Check with Rosaire Fontaine at the Walkley show, he's a good guy, and doesn't have the stink of a Montreal dealer on him that the others have.

I've done a lot of trade with Rosaire-is he now doing the Walkley show?It's always great to chat with him-I really do need to drop by.Going to the hotel show felt great,saw him there and that's where 95% of my money went.

Pretty sure I know the 'Montreal stink' you speak of and the overpriced Ottawa dealer lol Guy always treats me very well-but normally in the past most of what I'd be interested in was picked in Montreal,Toronto first.

Ottawa's always seemed a bit comic poor to me,even back in the eighties,nineties,finding GA,Atomic or even pre hero stuff was a huge thrill unless you went to Maple Con.

1,104 posts
3 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

I thought that was a first print of  FF 1!!!!!!

too bad that FF 49 is so rough!!!

18,949 posts
1 hour ago, DocHoppus182 said:

And finally, you can’t go wrong with Bakers in the wild.....

9D654A54-00B0-4C72-8E59-4A22AA53A49E.jpeg

442AB1DB-DEF6-4F72-BB04-881C6A4BE739.jpeg

099EBC8C-DF01-434A-9AC2-CAA780341A9E.jpeg

0DE2171F-509E-4972-9F21-72ADFD68B151.jpeg

Wow Doc!  Congrats!   Condition be dammed. I love little surprises like that. There is usually one or two gems in a bunch like that. Finds like that are far and few between these days but they are still out there if you look hard enough...