• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1942 superman novel 1st ed. w/dj not price clipped--PRICE REDUCED SOLD!

10 posts in this topic

being a first edition collector as well as the comics, i bought this many years ago as it suited both hobbies. however, i am not a d.c. guy, and just don't need it in the library. not sure of it's value. paid sev. hundred years ago, and the cheapest true first on bookfinder right now is 1,100 bucks. i'm sure that's wishful thinking on the seller's part.

anyway, i'll list it at $750 [see new price below], but will consider offers. book itself is in great shape [see the boards pic], with the "point" for the first edition [publication date on c'right page] and the $1.00 price on the front flap [see the jacket pic]. dj is in pretty good shape with some sunning and chipping. the white stuff you see on the top of the spine is the brodart's backing [the plastic protective sleeve the jacket is in].

supe1.jpg

supe2.jpg

supe3.jpg

thanks sir.

well, i'm going to make it more agreeable to budgets. mark had me go search heritage, and i found some old sales. looks like this copy is better than the ones they've had, but i'm going to reduce the sales price to:

$350.

Nice copy Billy.

I think that the dust cover is actually more valuable than the book is.

I picked up 2 copies of the book without covers off of ebay 5 or more years ago. They just sit on my bookshelf gathering dust.

Cool item! It's a great book! I agree that the DJ is what makes this one collectible.

I'd love to own one with a dustjacket, but have had to settle for the Applewood Books reprint edition from 1995. That edition has an introduction by Roger Stern, and is clearly marked as a reproduction in several places including the dustjacket and indicia.