• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gigantic Gold & Silver age sale Starts 3 PM!

139 posts in this topic

Good on you filter

:censored: ebay lol

(thumbs u

First book up for sale in this thread:

Whiz Comics 1 CGC 6.0 MP "color touch, spine splits sealed, cover cleaned, interior lightened, reinforced" Off-white to White pages. 0065791020.

This book is a restored, solid mid-grade copy with nice eye appeal. I'm not sure but i wouldn't be surprised if the grade could be improved with a little more restoration.

I'm having a few scanner issues at the moment so I'm including both scans and a digital pic. The front cover is bright red and the colors on this book are rockin'.

GPA has the last 6.0 mod selling for $8300 in '06. Recent sales seem to be all over the place but an extensive 7.0 sold this year for $11,000+ hm

Asking $8500

Whiz1pic.jpg

Whiz1-4.jpg

Whiz1back-1.jpg

I probably should've mentioned this in my last post, but time payments (up to 90 days) are available for any book in this thread. a 10% non-refundable deposit is due within 7 days from the time of sale.

Next up is:

Batman 1 a.k.a. "the book that didn't want to leave"

I've had this book up for sale a few times recently, including on eBay a few weeks ago where the book reached as high as $13,800 before all of the top three bidders decided not to pay! I'm going to give this book one more shot on the boards here at a FIRM asking price of $10,000. After that I'm taking it as a sign that this book belongs in my collection :cloud9:

The technical grade is around a VG but it presents much nicer. This book has extensive restoration including color touch, pieces added, tear seals, cleaned, and trimmed. The back cover has been signed by Bob Kane!

Batman1-3.jpg

Batman1back-1.jpg

Next up I'm going to be listing books from a collection I bought last year in Brooklyn. For those of you that don't know the story..

Last year I went to look at an "original owner" collection of full silver age marvel runs. When I first saw the collection my jaw probably dropped to the floor. The condition of these books was amazing and could probably almost rival some of the big silver age pedigrees. I ended up buying runs of X-men, Avengers, and Tales of Suspense. Unfortunately after buying the collection, I found out that I had made a major rookie mistake. Several of the early issues (and some of the later issues) turned out to be lightly restored. doh! I was so upset I put the whole collection away in a closet and forgot about it. I recently looked through the books again for the first time and I had forgotten just how nice the rest of the books were! Here is the first batch that has recently come back from CGC.

The colors/gloss/condition of many of these books really have to be seen in person to be appreciated!!