• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gigantic Gold & Silver age sale Starts 3 PM!

139 posts in this topic

X-men 60 CGC 9.6 NM+ OW/W pages SA "small amount of glue on spine of cover. top & bottom edge trimmed" $195 -1st appearance of Sauron (There are no 9.8s on this book. If it had been unrestored it would be tied for the highest graded copy)

Xmen60CGC96.jpg

Thanks everyone that has watched/commented/participated/purchased something in this thread! I'll be back tonight with more stuff. I'm not sure what I'll be listing tonight yet. Probably some Golden age.

Last one for now

Don't quit now.

I was waiting for the #212 9.8 for $50 :)

Hey, just noticed the little birthday cake by my name. Cool. (thumbs u

Happy birthday!! :banana: Unfortunately I don't have a 212 :( The collection actually stopped at 211!

Last one for now

Don't quit now.

I was waiting for the #212 9.8 for $50 :)

Hey, just noticed the little birthday cake by my name. Cool. (thumbs u

Happy birthday!! :banana: Unfortunately I don't have a 212 :( The collection actually stopped at 211!

Well that bites. Didn't the guy realize just how big 212 was going to be.

I'll bet he is kicking himself now. lol

I probably should've mentioned this in my last post, but time payments (up to 90 days) are available for any book in this thread. a 10% non-refundable deposit is due within 7 days from the time of sale.

Next up is:

Batman 1 a.k.a. "the book that didn't want to leave"

I've had this book up for sale a few times recently, including on eBay a few weeks ago where the book reached as high as $13,800 before all of the top three bidders decided not to pay! I'm going to give this book one more shot on the boards here at a FIRM asking price of $10,000. After that I'm taking it as a sign that this book belongs in my collection :cloud9:

The technical grade is around a VG but it presents much nicer. This book has extensive restoration including color touch, pieces added, tear seals, cleaned, and trimmed. The back cover has been signed by Bob Kane!

Batman1-3.jpg

Batman1back-1.jpg

:o(worship) Wow nice book! Good luck with the sale.