• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Misc Massachusetts Pedigree CLOSED

150 posts in this topic

I do have a certificate/letter that CGC will and does accept. These books can all be traced back to a board member who bought them directly from the Mass OO. CGC has slabbed books with this proof.

I do have a certificate/letter that CGC will and does accept. These books can all be traced back to a board member who bought them directly from the Mass OO. CGC has slabbed books with this proof.

Sweet. When do all the Marvel's show up?

I am the Board Member that Stuart is refering to. I bought these books in the mid-90's. It started with an Ad in the Comic Buyer's Guide(a weekly publication) for some Wonder Woman. Needless to say I was impressed with the books and bought more over the next couple of years. Stuart failed to mention that nearly all of these books have WHITE pages.

I have slabbed over 150 Mass books with CGC. I always included a letter explaining the heritage. I remember waiting a long time for my early Mass submissions to be graded. They told me Mark Haspel was checking out the heritage before he finalized them. It's rarely mentioned but maintaining the integrity of a pedigree is another service provided by CGC. I was told Mark personally looks at every pedigree that comes to CGC.

Stuart bought these books from me about three years ago. They are genuine Mass but unfortunately there are no COA's. At the time I was buying them they weren't a pedigree yet, they were just nice books.

Enjoy.............................

I am the Board Member that Stuart is refering to.

:hi:

If there is any doubt about how nice these Mass books are, here are the results of my very first Mass submission. Please note these grades were obtained without

the benefit of any Pressing.

Flash 206 9.8 White Mass

Flash 207 9.4 White Mass

Flash 210 9.6 White Mass

Flash 212 9.6 OW/W Mass

Action 402 9.8 White Mass

Captain Marvel 33 9.4 White Mass

Sub-Mariner 35 9.6 White Mass Qualified

Daredevil 89 9.6 White Mass

Daredevil 91 9.6 White Mass

I am the Board Member that Stuart is refering to. I bought these books in the mid-90's. It started with an Ad in the Comic Buyer's Guide(a weekly publication) for some Wonder Woman. Needless to say I was impressed with the books and bought more over the next couple of years. Stuart failed to mention that nearly all of these books have WHITE pages.

I have slabbed over 150 Mass books with CGC. I always included a letter explaining the heritage. I remember waiting a long time for my early Mass submissions to be graded. They told me Mark Haspel was checking out the heritage before he finalized them. It's rarely mentioned but maintaining the integrity of a pedigree is another service provided by CGC. I was told Mark personally looks at every pedigree that comes to CGC.

Stuart bought these books from me about three years ago. They are genuine Mass but unfortunately there are no COA's. At the time I was buying them they weren't a pedigree yet, they were just nice books.

So all these comics being Mass is secondhand info? Not doubting you at all but if the chain has been broken then I'm not sure the pedigree designation is legit....

That's why I won't buy "pedigrees" without the cert....

Jim

So all these comics being Mass is secondhand info? Not doubting you at all but if the chain has been broken then I'm not sure the pedigree designation is legit....

Jim

Before CGC I don't think anyone thought of COA's. I'm sure Chuck didn't issue

them when he sold the Mile High Books.

Jim

Sure...and I bet these are legit as well....but when it becomes a "he said so" situation it just begs for fraudulence...

Jim

Jim

Sure...and I bet these are legit as well....but when it becomes a "he said so" situation it just begs for fraudulence...

And I'm sure Chuck did issue a cert for the Mile High 2 Collection which pre-dates this one a number of years...

Jim

Jim

Jim

Jim, you are entitled to your opinion. In this case you are dead wrong and a bit out of line. You basically called Bob and I liars.Bob bought these books in the mid 1990s, before certs really came into existence. Bob bought them from the original owner of the Mass collection, the guy who bought them off the news stand and put them in a box, the OO. I bought them from Bob. How is any chain broke here? You need some glossy cert to make you feel better? Great, please derail some other threads with your certificate paranoia.

Jim

Jim

Marnin Rosenberg originally brought this collection to market. He also obtained

his books via an ad in the CBG. Marnin did not care about Bronze so he only took the books through 1970. I once called Marnin and checked out a couple titles. My first issue in a run started exactly where his run left off.

Many of the titles went well in to the mid-80's. At some point in the early 80's (I never did obtain an exact cutoff) CGC will no longer recognize the pedigree.

Jim, I understand what you are saying, you have a good point. But, so far, the books Stuart have listed are genuine Mass. I believe the integrity of the Mass pedigree is important to maintain, I know Stuart feels the same.

Jim

Jim

Jim, you are entitled to your opinion. In this case you are dead wrong and a bit out of line. You basically called Bob and I liars.Bob bought these books in the mid 1990s, before certs really came into existence. Bob bought them from the original owner of the Mass collection, the guy who bought them off the news stand and put them in a box, the OO. I bought them from Bob. How is any chain broke here? You need some glossy cert to make you feel better? Great, please derail some other threads with your certificate paranoia.

Neg, theres no difference between this and the recent Mile High 2 collection Chuck found under some stairs a couple years ago which CGC now won't certfiy as It tainted the whole collection. How is this any different? I'm not doubting you but the question begs to be asked....and I'm not out of line for asking it...

Jim

Jim

Jim

Neg, theres no difference between this and the recent Mile High 2 collection Chuck found under some stairs a couple years ago which CGC now won't certfiy as It tainted the whole collection. How is this any different? I'm not doubting you but the question begs to be asked....and I'm not out of line for asking it...

Jim

Jim, you win.