• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Misc Massachusetts Pedigree CLOSED

150 posts in this topic

these selling threads derailments are absolute BS. Marnin bought the Mass books issued thru 1969 and never issued a COA. does that mean the Mass pedigree never existed? Marnin said someone (Bomber-Bob i presume) bought the later books. i can't believe stuart knuckled under to someone who obviously: knows nothing about the history of these books or to stay the hell out of someone's sales thread.

Thread closed. See Jim for all your pedigree needs.

Why let one person ruin this? There are a lot of serious buyers here on this forum that might be interested in your comics. Why waste money on ebay? Just because of one person's doubts.

We all wanted to see some more comics.... think about it. (shrug)

these selling threads derailments are absolute BS. Marnin bought the Mass books issued thru 1969 and never issued a COA. does that mean the Mass pedigree never existed? Marnin said someone (Bomber-Bob i presume) bought the later books. i can't believe stuart knuckled under to someone who obviously: knows nothing about the history of these books or to stay the hell out of someone's sales thread.

Since when is asking about and questioning the provendence of a collection out of bounds in a selling thread?

I think you're the one who needs to re-evaluate who you're berating....

Jim

Since when is asking about and questioning the provendence of a collection out of bounds in a selling thread?

Jim

spell much? and when the original purchaser bothered to chime in and you still felt it necessary to go on and on. utter BS.

Jim

spell much? and when the original purchaser bothered to chime in and you still felt it necessary to go on and on. utter BS.

Your opinion...but a question that's becoming more and more common on this board...

"My word says" doesn't mean squat with others who don't know the originators...

Jim

Jim

I think a PM to Stuart would be the best way to settle this instead of posting in his sales thread.

Jim

I think a PM to Stuart would be the best way to settle this instead of posting in his sales thread.

How's that? It's a general question that encompasses a lot of sale threads recently?

If not here, where? It's a seroius question considering the number of "pedigree" comics we're seeing for sale here recently.

Jim

Why let one person ruin this? There are a lot of serious buyers here on this forum that might be interested in your comics. Why waste money on ebay? Just because of one person's doubts.

I had over 400 Mass books to sell. Not here. No way. Jim derailed my sales thread for no good reason. Those of you that won books, thanks...and no problem, I will finish up those PM transactions. Those of you that want to do business with Pedigree Expert Jim, go right ahead. Just make sure you have a certificate for verification. Jim don't buy no stinkin books without a cert......

Jim

How's that? It's a general question that encompasses a lot of sale threads recently?

If not here, where? It's a seroius question considering the number of "pedigree" comics we're seeing for sale here recently.

Jim

Hi Jim,

I honestly think you have valid questions. The problem is when you ask them in the seller's thread directly, the integrity of the seller (and thus the seller's thread) is put on the spot. It comes down to either you trust Stuart or you don't. Either you make an offer on his books or you don't. Anything else comes across as a direct attack. So either send PM's with your questions or if you feel public discussion is warranted please ask them in the proper forum (the discussion thread).

Thanks.

Dan

I had over 400 Mass books to sell. Not here. No way. Jim derailed my sales thread for no good reason. Those of you that won books, thanks...and no problem, I will finish up those PM transactions. Those of you that want to do business with Pedigree Expert Jim, go right ahead. Just make sure you have a certificate for verification. Jim don't buy no stinkin books without a cert......

Spare me the "I'm a victim" speech Stu. I asked for a proof of verification, other than "take my word for it", and you decide to take your toys and go home. That's your choice...

As a buyer buying something with a providence I need more than "take my word for it"....even if your word is gold...

Jim

Spare me the "I'm a victim" speech Stu. I asked for a proof of verification, other than "take my word for it", and you decide to take your toys your and go home. That's your choice...

As a buyer buying something with a providence I need more than "take my word for it"....even if your word is gold...

Jim

Yes Jim, I took my 400 Mass books and went back home. I came to the party ready for a good time. Then you took a leak on my shoes as a way of welcoming me to the big event. I need to hurry on back and wash the urine off my loafers. I try not to hang around guys that seem to all over themselves and everyone around them. I may be cutting and running but only because my socks are soaking wet.

Jim

Jim

Hi Jim,

I honestly think you have valid questions. The problem is when you ask them in the seller's thread directly, the integrity of the seller (and thus the seller's thread) is put on the spot. It comes down to either you trust Stuart or you don't. Either you make an offer on his books or you don't. Anything else comes across as a direct attack. So either send PM's with your questions or if you feel public discussion is warranted please ask them in the proper forum (the discussion thread).

Thanks.

Dan

I wont be so kind. He was a taking a on this thread. Keep your well meaning, pissant BS out of the sales threads, people.

Jim

Jim

Hi Jim,

Thanks.

Dan

I wont be so kind. He was a taking a on this thread. Keep your well meaning, pissant BS out of the sales threads, people.

:popcorn:

Whether the pedigree could be verified or not I don't think anyone would argue that what was seen so far in this thread were some really sweet books. Unfortunately the rest of us who were interested will not be able to partake and even though the selfish part of me who would like to have had an opportunity to purchase some of those books, the rational part of me does not blame nochips at all for deciding to end this the way he did.

pedigree... not pedigree... can't answer it... trust him or don't trust thats your call... asking the original question was fine (to throw red flags if need be)... but to continue to throw on the sales thread is BS... this is the second time in a week (TupennyConan anyone) that people have made problems in the sales thread... some people would like to purchase books here without all the hassle that some of you feel you need to propagate... not to mention the fact that if you don't want to buy... then move along... sorry my 2 cents~ jesse

These books were no good anyway since I'm sure they were all pressed.

:P

Another selling thread bites the dust.

da da dum dum dum

Another one bites the dust...

And another one's gone and another one's gone....

Greggy got his so that's all that matters. :cloud9:

I do have a certificate/letter that CGC will and does accept. These books can all be traced back to a board member who bought them directly from the Mass OO. CGC has slabbed books with this proof.

I see someone took a big dump on this thread.

Just so everyone knows, I bought over 20 Mass copy Avengers that came either directly from Stuart or from someone who had purchased the books from him.

Armed with a chain of ownership and an e-mail from Bob, I was able to have the books graded by CGC and receive the Mass pedigree designation. Of the lot, I received the following grades:

3 9.2s

4 9.4s

8 9.6s

5 9.8s

I think it's a shame that someone's paranoia can derail a selling thread by an upstanding member of the boards and prevent someone from being able to pick up some really nice books from someone who actually knows how to grade.

No wonder Faming_Telepath doesn't do a sales thread any more. Welcome to the future of the boards. It's a pity.