• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Tick Appreciation Thread
7 7

2,264 posts in this topic

On 1/13/2024 at 2:44 AM, Brian Bollinger said:

@Brian BollingerOh wow, iirc is this the long lost one that was buried at your parents house?

On 1/21/2024 at 1:23 AM, Brian Bollinger said:

@PeasOfCrap Not the one I lost (that had editor notes in it, but honestly, I didn't know I had it.  I was going threw some boxes of stuff to clean out (throw away) and found a couple that were sold at the comic shops and serially numbered.  I remembered buying them once I found them.  I used to be a manager of a toy store across the street from one of the NEC stores and would go there on my lunch break.  The guy at the store (who still works there) gave me one of the first Tick comics for free (the #1 special edition) just to see if I would like the comic.  That was actually all they had produced at the time so it actually didn't seem special or like a big deal.  Who knew what was in store for the Tick over the next 35 years.

One thing to note on the back cover is that Tick is facing away from the camera.  When the finally published the comic book Tick is facing the camera.

IMG_8926.jpeg

IMG_8927.jpeg

IMG_8928.jpeg

Amazing piece of Tick history right there!  Thanks for sharing the story@