• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Greg Jortner, ebay seller Paradoxauctions09

51 posts in this topic

Hi, I would like to relate a bad experience I've had on ebay with Paradoxauctions09.

I won auction 170392378406, Adventures into the Unknown 3, 9.0. I paid by Postal money order, 414.00 -STUPID MISTAKE- book never arrived, seller communication-what a joke. Maybe in a small way this fiasco is a good thing, giving me the opportunity to warn others and to perhaps alert other collectors/dealers who have been burned by Greg Jortner, the most current mailing address of Mr. Jortner. On second thought, considering my listing the full address right here might get this post deleted, please pm me for the address if you desire.I will say here it is in Easton CT.

Of special interest is that seller identified himself as"HAESUN JORTNER ". This was after I contacted seller for his mailing address about where to send the money order. Another thing, the ebay contact info for Paradoxauctions09 is listed as Bianca Jung, of Woodbridge CT, with no street address included. Is it possible Greg Jortner hijacked an ebay account?

On a whim yesterday I contacted Mark Zaid, as I was pondering my options. Thankfully, Mark alerted me that he thought this seller is actually Greg Jortner, not "Haesun " Jortner . Sean

Alright....slow down.

Breathe. Breathe. Breathe.

Now will you kindly go back to your original post and edit it so that some of us that aren't psychic can get the whole story.

For instance, who is Mark Zaid, and why should I as a reader care if he identifies someone as Greg Jortner?

I'm not trying to be a here. I just want to make sure I completely understand all the information you are trying to share.

Alright....slow down.

Now will you kindly go back to your original post and edit it so that some of us that aren't psychic can get the whole story.

For instance, who is Mark Zaid, and why should I as a reader care if he identifies someone as Greg Jortner?

I'm not trying to be a here. I just want to make sure I completely understand all the information you are trying to share.

Who is Mark Zaid....?

Come on, man, you gotta READ the boards.

(thumbs u

Alright....slow down.

Who is Mark Zaid....?

Come on, man, you gotta READ the boards.

(thumbs u

You saved me the trouble of typing it.

This is interesting because I bought a book off of this dealer on Ebay and his customer service went above and beyond IMHO. I bought the book and about 7 business days later it still hadn't arrived so I emailed him. He promptly responded apologizing for the error which was on his end and then he gave me a $25 refund through Paypal without me asking for it. 3 days later the book arrived in excellent shape.

Being a JFK conspiracy buff, I have seen many mentions of Mark and his research in that community.

With regards to THIS seller, if I had not paid with Paypal, I never would have gotten my money back. As soon a I filed a claim, he promptly emptied his bank account.

Unfortunately you mentioned the seller's name in the negative feedback you left for him on eBay and that's clearly against eBay's rules. You aren't allowed to post anyone's name, e-mail, address, or any other personal information in feedback.

Ebay will remove the neg if he reports it.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I looked at his recent selling history and he has sold thousands of dollars worth of comics in the past couple of weeks. By the look of his feedback most people have been happy with their purchase, but I do see one other neg for item not received besides yours.

Just out of curiosity, why did you pay with a money order? Was that your decision or did the seller request it?

Interesting. I bought a book from him, wasn't quite happy with it, and told him I'd like to return it. He apologized profusely and told me to keep the book and he'd refund. I didn't think that was necessary so I sent the book back, but he refunded quickly - including shipping. Very good communication throughout. I never got a name from him, though.

Looks like Jortner has a LONG, long history of these kinds of shenanigans.

Looking at the old 2008 thread that Zaid posted, and reading the legal history, I remembered this guy from way back when.

I'm glad you got your refund...he's probably going to quickly realize that the comic collecting community is smaller and tighter then he thinks.

Hi again, I think comicalgems nailed it when he told me to breathe. Also, the reason I was using a money order was that I can't get my checking account verified with Paypal.

I would go back and forth between my bank and Paypal, no luck. I would much rather use Paypal, believe me, and I think I had better resolve this "account verification" issue and start using Paypal.

Greg called me today, and was profusely apologetic, and we're going forward.I gave him a positive feedback just now. He told me that he would send me the book in question plus a bonus book for half price. We'll see, If he follows through with sending the books I will send him 420.00 via Western Union, just as gesture of appreciation for the quick refund.

Thanks guys.