• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Foolkiller's Holiday Sale

2,589 posts in this topic

Just FYI, a lot of this has been retreads of books I've previously listed... I am home Tuesday evening, when I plan to scan as many books as I can.

On Wednesday, things will crank back up again with all new -- hopefully there will be some great surprises.

"until my trial finishes"

Uhoh, that doesn't sound good. Did I miss a news thread?

(Thinking good thoughts for Foolkiller while awaiting the deep discount raw)

"until my trial finishes"

Uhoh, that doesn't sound good. Did I miss a news thread?

(Thinking good thoughts for Foolkiller while awaiting the deep discount raw)

I'm a lawyer in the middle of trying a 7-8 week case -- so don't worry for me!

Okay -- the other additional thing that I will add is my registry set of Caps, scans later in the thread or upon request. All are very nice examples, as you can imagine. I have the #6 registry set, and if I entered all my recent pickups, I'm sure I'd jump to 4 or 5.

At any rate, here's what I've got available...

Cap 100 CGC 9.6 ow/w $3000

Cap 101 CGC 9.4 ow/w $275

Cap 102 CGC 9.6 ow/w $450

Cap 103 CGC 9.6 o/w $450

Cap 104 CGC 9.6 white (bowling green) $525 (you won't find a nicer one)

Cap 105 CGC 9.4 ow/w $225 (christie's copy)

Cap 106 CGC 9.4 o/w $125

Cap 107 CGC 9.4 white $200

Cap 108 CGC 9.4 ow/w (boston) $175

Cap 109 CGC 9.6 white $475

Cap 110 CGC 9.4 white (pac coast) $550

Cap 111 CGC 9.6 white (last sold for $1200, 12 month $710) $800

Cap 113 CGC 9.4 white $325

And there will be lots more Caps listed, these are just the beginning ones.

Why are you selling all your Cap books?

A variety of reasons. Most importantly, I own all these multiple times multiple times raw. I don't need them slabbed. Also, I will be focusing only on pre 1965 Marvels raw for my collection and 1955-1962 DCs. With a few exceptions like buying books by that Neal Adams dude.

I'm going to thin the herd. While I love Cap, I'm really enjoying lately the direction I've been going, buying mainstream Marvels and DCs, the occasional Golden Age book, and keeping it all raw. Slabs have made collecting a better investment, but a less enjoyable hobby for me. I actually plan to have a little crack out party soon (maybe new year's eve?) for any slabs that I want to keep in my personal collection that aren't ultra high grades.

A variety of reasons. Most importantly, I own all these multiple times multiple times raw. I don't need them slabbed. Also, I will be focusing only on pre 1965 Marvels raw for my collection and 1955-1962 DCs. With a few exceptions like buying books by that Neal Adams dude.

I'm going to thin the herd. While I love Cap, I'm really enjoying lately the direction I've been going, buying mainstream Marvels and DCs, the occasional Golden Age book, and keeping it all raw. Slabs have made collecting a better investment, but a less enjoyable hobby for me. I actually plan to have a little crack out party soon (maybe new year's eve?) for any slabs that I want to keep in my personal collection that aren't ultra high grades.

What are these "raw" books you speak of?

Okay -- the other additional thing that I will add is my registry set of Caps, scans later in the thread or upon request. All are very nice examples, as you can imagine. I have the #6 registry set, and if I entered all my recent pickups, I'm sure I'd jump to 4 or 5.

At any rate, here's what I've got available...

Cap 100 CGC 9.6 ow/w $3000

Cap 101 CGC 9.4 ow/w $275

Cap 102 CGC 9.6 ow/w $450

Cap 103 CGC 9.6 o/w $450

Cap 104 CGC 9.6 white (bowling green) $525 (you won't find a nicer one)

Cap 105 CGC 9.4 ow/w $225 (christie's copy)

Cap 106 CGC 9.4 o/w $125

Cap 107 CGC 9.4 white $200

Cap 108 CGC 9.4 ow/w (boston) $175

Cap 109 CGC 9.6 white $475

Cap 110 CGC 9.4 white (pac coast) $550

Cap 111 CGC 9.6 white (last sold for $1200, 12 month $710) $800

Cap 113 CGC 9.4 white $325

And there will be lots more Caps listed, these are just the beginning ones.

Hmmm? Is this an opportunity for MLMeade to move up from 13...? hm

I know I've seen 1koko say this and while I wasn't buying pre 1966 Marvels in 9.4 ever, the incredible availability of post 1968 books in high grade combined with the lessening uniqueness of buying high grade due to more pressing, I'm choosing to sell books in high grade, but to target personally high eye appeal books that I can buy at a fraction of the cost, but look wonderful. I also can look inside them and enjoy them.

Having a business that involves slabbing books is fine -- and I enjoy buying and selling... but I enjoy owning from my own personal standpoint raw books that I can just enjoy. Others like the slabs and the registry sets etc.

I know I've seen 1koko say this and while I wasn't buying pre 1966 Marvels in 9.4 ever, the incredible availability of post 1968 books in high grade combined with the lessening uniqueness of buying high grade due to more pressing, I'm choosing to sell books in high grade, but to target personally high eye appeal books that I can buy at a fraction of the cost, but look wonderful. I also can look inside them and enjoy them.

Yikes, sounds like you've narrowed down to my exact targets! Another competitor. :cry: