• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your Copper Pride & Joy

1,863 posts in this topic

Mine can't stand up to some of the other books posted in the thread, but for now they are my CA pride and joy. First three we're purchased at close to cover price.

Beautiful books, and definitely some of the biggest keys and most important stories of the age.

Every collection, from the most valuable Golden age, to the readiest of reading copy Moderns, is assembled with care and thought, and is worthy of respect because of it, if for no other reason.

:cloud9:

Sweet topic for a thread. I am always hustling for new Copper books to add. I have a couple of 1st Mr. Monster books that are at CGC right now that might qualify . . .

But for right now, my final answer is a work in progress. I am going with my DHP "run." I have decided to try and track down exceptional examples of my favorite 1st apps and other semi-key books from the DHP series. I will get as many of them SS'd as is reasonable. Right now I have a 9.8 10 and 24 Blue label. Also a 9.8 Annual with the 1st Buffy and a sweet 157 early Goon app SS 9.6. I have a delicious DHP 20 with early Doug Mahnke art at CGC right now. :cloud9:

Need to do some work on the Concrete books and the Sin City books. While there are some duds in the run, it truly was a visionary and important Copper Anthology title.

I will edit with some pics ASAP.

:popcorn:

utf-8BL01lZGlhIENhcmQvQmxhY2tCZX-1.jpg

utf-8BL01lZGlhIENhcmQvQmxhY2tCZXJye.jpg

utf-8BL01lZGlhIENhcmQvQmxhY2tCZX-2.jpg

utf-8BL01lZGlhIENhcmQvQmxhY2tCZX-3.jpg

Great books, Sean.

:applause:

Thanks buddy. Those books illustrate two of my favorite things about these Boards: People that appreciate all ages of comics and the opportunity to pick up great UHG books. Kudos to all who love the drekkiest age of all, Copper!!

Great books, Sean.

+1!

Ive not seen many of these covers, but this one is really cool

Yeah, I like it too. The Masque story is nearly incomprehensible, and bears almost no resemblance to the character from the movies and the Doug Mahnke mini-series, but it is the 1st app.

Wait till I get some of the copies in UHG with Duranona painted covers. :cloud9:

Great books, Sean.

+1!

Yeah, I like it too. The Masque story is nearly incomprehensible, and bears almost no resemblance to the character from the movies and the Doug Mahnke mini-series, but it is the 1st app.

Wait till I get some of the copies in UHG with Duranona painted covers. :cloud9:

I just realized on #10, CGC doesn't even note on the label this is the 1st Masque appearance (before he became The Mask). Odd!

Still, be proud of your books Sean. I see what I missed out on with that deal, although the OO tried to package it with a Bronze Age book of which he wanted the highest price of GPA based on one sale. That wasn't happening.

At least it went to someone that loves them just as much.

Great books, Sean.

+1!

I just realized on #10, CGC doesn't even note on the label this is the 1st Masque appearance (before he became The Mask). Odd!

Still, be proud of your books Sean. I see what I missed out on with that deal, although the OO tried to package it with a Bronze Age book of which he wanted the highest price of GPA based on one sale. That wasn't happening.

At least it went to someone that loves them just as much.

I ended up buying the whole run and there were 4 books out of 25 or so that had a shot at 9.8. Happiness is having the 10 and 24 be two of the four. I also have twelve or so copies of #1 and no 9.8s. :cry:

. I also have twelve or so copies of #1 and no 9.8s. :cry:

You and me both....grrrr. I WILL find a 9.8 DHP #1.

Race ya.

There's only 1 9.8 #1 in the census. Is it represented in GPA?

No, it is not.

My copy was graded in late November. Looks like I added a 9.6 to the census. :banana:

Shoulda been a 9.8! :sumo:

I wonder how fast Sean PMd Wayne with a :takeit:

Probably beat me to it. lol

Not me. For whatever reason, despite my unabashed refusal to be a 9.8 guy, I am a 9.8 guy on the DHP run.