• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Legal Size Scanner thread.
48 48

1,632 posts in this topic

Not a problem. I tried several scanners so this was it for me on the balance of price, quality and performance but not many people will want to fork over the $$$ for this scanner. Just glad I have one that performs great and is fast enough to do front and back scans quickly when you have stacks of books to go through.

My HP 8250 is slowly dying and I think the scans could be better. It sounds like a few people are still using the HP 8300 but I'm getting some conflicting info in terms of drivers since I'm using Windows 8. And the only 8300 I can find is a refurbished one on Amazon. Any suggestions but I'm not really looking to spend more then $400 on a scanner.

My HP 8250 is slowly dying and I think the scans could be better. It sounds like a few people are still using the HP 8300 but I'm getting some conflicting info in terms of drivers since I'm using Windows 8. And the only 8300 I can find is a refurbished one on Amazon. Any suggestions but I'm not really looking to spend more then $400 on a scanner.

I think you should be ok with the 8300 and VueScan (so you won't have to worry about updated drivers) although I'm using a Mac.

I think you should be ok with the 8300 and VueScan (so you won't have to worry about updated drivers) although I'm using a Mac.

Thanks for the info. Just ordered it so my fingers are crossed that its something I can use for awhile.

I just bought myself an EPSON GT-15000 as well as VueScan. I couldn't be happier! Big props to this thread. I wouldn't have been able to find the right scanner without all the amazing info here. Anyway, here's the result:

y3msaHHwSpJThJH28hMdALMQt7eWb_CqYT4crt6JBNFEH47DYaR1hvG4lz9NNaQE_nr9QtgdF-_kFeJAsbAml1tJnKssMNnNZGvV47c9Azv31d5JjwNmKAlrkW_rVKjTlrl1Lkl2s-rcOrXlITxJ_dYpQ?width=407&height=660&cropmode=none

So in a hunt to find a modern scanner that I didn't have worry about drivers and compatibility issues I contacted a Epson and asked them about many of the issues people encountered on this forum.

They were kind enough to offer a range of suggestions and models. I'm not sure if these are available worldwide or just the UK.

Long and short of it is that I'm going to pick up the entry model. Has anyone used any of these and have any other thoughts before I pick one up?

Epson Perfection V370

Perfection V600

V800

Thanks

KD

So in a hunt to find a modern scanner that I didn't have worry about drivers and compatibility issues I contacted a Epson and asked them about many of the issues people encountered on this forum.

They were kind enough to offer a range of suggestions and models. I'm not sure if these are available worldwide or just the UK.

Long and short of it is that I'm going to pick up the entry model. Has anyone used any of these and have any other thoughts before I pick one up?

Epson Perfection V370

Perfection V600

V800

Thanks

KD

None of those will work. They are all standard 8.5x11" models so the entire slab won't fit on the glass since the cases are about 13" tall

Epson Perfection V370

Perfection V600

V800

Thanks

KD

None of those will work. They are all standard 8.5x11" models so the entire slab won't fit on the glass since the cases are about 13" tall

Cheers Eric :headbang:

I thought that it would be too good to be true to find a solution in one email.

I'll go back to them and see what they recommend.

Thanks to this thread I bought a HP-8250 for $90 shipped; works perfect with settings stated in this thread as well. Have current software iMac and had to use VueScan; comes up as 8200 series, but works fine...Below is results...

2016-04-09-0007_zpsxcnbjrkv.jpg

Is this the Hp8300 everybody mentions on here? The scan surface doesn't seem big enough to fit a Cgc slab, I'm I wrong?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HP-ScanJet-8300-A4-Professional-Flatbed-Colour-Image-Scanner-FCLSD-0503-/322058551441?hash=item4afc2f8091:g:dcUAAOSwzvlW9RqU

Yes that's it. The pictures are a bit deceiving. It's huge.

Is this the Hp8300 everybody mentions on here? The scan surface doesn't seem big enough to fit a Cgc slab, I'm I wrong?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HP-ScanJet-8300-A4-Professional-Flatbed-Colour-Image-Scanner-FCLSD-0503-/322058551441?hash=item4afc2f8091:g:dcUAAOSwzvlW9RqU

Yes that's it. The pictures are a bit deceiving. It's huge.

Right. You need to give up a lot of space on your desk to accommodate it.

Since Windows 10 forced a download, my world of scanning came to a screeching halt. I haven't needed to use my hp scanner 8300 until just the other day. Now when I go through the normal motions I get the message that I am missing WIA driver. I've been to the hp site and tried downloading the thing again and no luck. When I ask hp to identify my equipment, they only aknowlege my wireless printer and not the 8300 and it's plugged in to my computer. I'm losing my mind.

Since Windows 10 forced a download, my world of scanning came to a screeching halt. I haven't needed to use my hp scanner 8300 until just the other day. Now when I go through the normal motions I get the message that I am missing WIA driver. I've been to the hp site and tried downloading the thing again and no luck. When I ask hp to identify my equipment, they only aknowlege my wireless printer and not the 8300 and it's plugged in to my computer. I'm losing my mind.

Get VueScan and all your problems will be solved!

Get VueScan and all your problems will be solved!

I'll try that, thanks T