• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Ultimate Pulp ~WEIRD TALES Dec. 1932~ 1st CONAN VG+ {SOLD}

31 posts in this topic

Hello all.

I am letting go of my prized pulp...my sort of pedigree awesome Weird Tales Dec. 1932.

Contains the Phoenix on the Sword, the first Conan story by Robert E. Howard.

On the pulp grading scale this is a solid VG+, with eye popping colors. Glorious to behold. Pages are off white with light tanning at boarders, very supple. Possible minor glue to spine, but I can't tell if it is original spine glue or not. Hard to say, so I will call it possible glue to spine at some point in the last 78 years.

This very copy is so nice, that it was used as the copy photographed in the massive hard cover book, "The Conan Phenomenon", by Paul Sammon. Hence the sort of pedigree! I will include a copy of "The Conan Phenomenon with the pulp, as it is fun to have the book with the pulp.

My asking price is $1500, delivered in the USA. Outside USA at cost (Global Express should run about $35).

desperation....gotta love it.

I've negotiated for a living for more than a dozen years & think that's my first time bidding against myself.

desperation....gotta love it.

I've negotiated for a living for more than a dozen years & think that's my first time bidding against myself.

Did you see the copy on Comiclink priced at the low low mark of $5500! I wish! Check it out, it is not much better than this one.

I have owned four copies of that issue over the years, but never one quite that nice! I was tempted myself!!

Congrats to both seller and buyer, two really nice guys on these boards!!

Tupenny...so cool it went to you!!!

This book's destiny on the day of its printing was to find its way into my HOARD.

I hate you... you're a poser. A true Cimmerian would have smashed his skull and taken the book as tribute.

This book's destiny on the day of its printing was to find its way into my HOARD.

I hate you... you're a poser. A true Cimmerian would have smashed his skull and taken the book as tribute.

As with the purchase price, the parley's details will remain private. However, you're free to assume this wasn't a bloodless conquest.

As with the purchase price, the parley's details will remain private. However, you're free to assume this wasn't a bloodless conquest.

:thumbsup:

Who knows, you might just survive our next meeting. :sumo: