• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HooDeeDoo IS SELLING HIS COLLECTION!!!

60 posts in this topic

Yes boys and girls, I'm selling my collection. I'm tired of living in fear that my place will burn down or I'll be robbed. So, I've decided to share the love with all my fellow comic freaks.

The list will be up at 8:00EST tonight. Please do NOT email me requesting a list beforehand - a deluge of emails will make me cranky. I have scans of all my books for those wanting to see them. Furthermore, you can see smaller scans of my FFs and JIMs on The Registry right now. My name, for those who haven't already figured it out, is "Oog Lives Again!". There will be a smattering of lots of titles but the only ones with "depth" are the FFs and the SUPAHOT JIMs. There should be something for everyone.

So, go find your check book, a pen that works, and get ready to spend some money.

Also, please try not to get so plotzed watching The Super Bowl that you can't make a rational decision.

In the meantime, feel free to gaze upon the beauty that is Danny Dupcak (see below).

Begin the countdown.........................

I'm selling my collection. I'm tired of living in fear that my place will burn down or I'll be robbed.

May I suggest a policy with Collectibles Insurance Agency as an alternative? I hate to see a passionate fan/collector give up his collection for the wrong reasons. You can cover your collection from theft and fire, etc. reasonably and you don't have to spend a ton of time cataloging items... only those worth more than $5K.

Think it over Mark... you have some time or could postpone this.

If your decision to sell is primarily due to the fear you describe, there are alternatives that may give you the peace of mind you need. Giving your books up "may" cause you to experience a "regret" that surpasses the "fear" in terms of dealing with one or the other.

Just a thought... if not, I'll be there to consider picking off your FF45 if its a 9.2-9.4, JIM 109 in 9.2 or better and several other FF 20¢ers (although I will defer to Donut's want list items).

Hope you find cause to keep them 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I want the FFs 117-175. These are going into my personal collection, and will not be coming out again for quite some time, they will not be flipped, nor will they be sold to Gman.

Yes boys and girls, I'm selling my collection. I'm tired of living in fear that my place will burn down or I'll be robbed. So, I've decided to share the love with all my fellow comic freaks.

Say it ain't so Joe, say it ain't so..... 893whatthe.gif

Damn it, just when I am financially tapped too.

Oh well, looking at your books, I doubt I could afford too many of the ones I need anyway. Good luck Mark!

Yes ,..we should all be selling our books right now,..cause right after the super bowl the mother-ship is coming to take us all to paradise,..and we should be free of material things,...I'm selling mine as well....

2alien.jpg

I won't be around at 8et tonight, so I'll have to see what's happening later if there are books still for sale. Obviously I'm interested in some FF's, and would love to have a shot at a few without competing unnaturally with the other FF collectors on these boards. Maybe everyone can benefit somehow! Thanks,

Dan

I will not be here at 8, but here are the books I'm interested in:

FF 134 9.8

FF 142 9.8 (I have a 9.6/white I would sell to another board member if I got this)

FF 144 9.8 (I have a 9.6/off white I would sell to another board member if I got this)

FF 145 9.8

FF 146 9.8

FF 147 9.8

FF 148 9.8

I would also be interested in the 9.6s in the same vintage, but will defer to others.

I just got back from the gym (damn I look good!) and there are many messages in my inbox.

893naughty-thumb.gif

Patience grasshoppers.

First off, I'm not quitting the hobby! I've been collecting since I was 8 and I aint quittin' now. I'm just getting out of the stratosphere books. I'm going to collect a little differently.

Now regarding insurance: I've considered that but when it comes to the books I have, there is no way to prove to an insurance company how much a book is worth on the open market when Overstreet is sitting there saying a 9.6 book is worth a FRACTION of what it's really worth. I have no interested in going down THAT road.

I've been considering this for about a month and decided to pull the trigger after going back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth. A hobby is suppose to be fun and the moment it, or anything, starts messing with my head, it's time to cut bait. I love drama - but only on stage.

And who knows, maybe in a year I'll decide to start this insanity all over again. It's not like I'm cutting a limb off. It's only comics.

Now regarding insurance: I've considered that but when it comes to the books I have, there is no way to prove to an insurance company how much a book is worth on the open market when Overstreet is sitting there saying a 9.6 book is worth a FRACTION of what it's really worth. I have no interested in going down THAT road.

HDD - if this is really troubling you that much I would propose the following:

1 - get the Blazing One to give you an appraisal for whatever you want to take to your insurance company. An appraisal should be valid in lieu of the OS

2 - put the books in a safety deposit box at a bank

Regardless, all the best in whatever you decide to do.

DAM