• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HooDeeDoo THE LIST WITH PRICES

146 posts in this topic

Plus you couldn't touch the rest as there is no money in it? Whatever is the matter with HDD for trying to get a fair price for his books and not leave any room for bottom feeders such as yourself to make money off of? (Can you feel the sarcasm?)

sign-funnypost.gif

Gman, do you realize what an hole you sound like when you say things like this? I think it's been widely accepted on this thread that the 116 sold very cheaply but you're such a greddy little f@[!@#%^&^] you wanted to hold out for $15?

I would have been shocked if he hadn't said it. thumbsup2.gif

I don't mean this to be an insult towards g-man, but I'm shocked people still sell lots of books to the guy.

I'd be thinking OK, hmm... so what's HE going to turn around and sell it for.

I don't mean this to be an insult towards g-man, but I'm shocked people still sell lots of books to the guy.

I'd be thinking OK, hmm... so what's he going to turn around and sell it for.

I think gman should start a consignment business. He gets good prices & you gotta respect that. 893applaud-thumb.gif

lucky buyer may have been g man?

no i sent him an offer on it $15 below is asking $ ($250, 6+x guide) b4 he posted his prices but got no reply. Can't touch the rest i don't think...no $ in it.

Gman, do you realize what an hole you sound like when you say things like this? I think it's been widely accepted on this thread that the 116 sold very cheaply but you're such a greddy little f@[!@#%^&^] you wanted to hold out for $15?

Plus you couldn't touch the rest as there is no money in it? Whatever is the matter with HDD for trying to get a fair price for his books and not leave any room for bottom feeders such as yourself to make money off of? (Can you feel the sarcasm?)

Truly amazing . . . but hey, Bob said it best

DAM

hey , if you read what i typed, i made an offer to mark BEFORE he posted his prices at $250 for the #116...did not hear from him. It sold at $265. I was no on-line when the books came up woth prices. Superbowl party. SI would ahve happily paid $275-300 for it. But oh well.

And when i say there is no $ in it.....what is wrong with wanting to buy a few to sell later but at collector prices that is most difficult. Get off your soapbox kid and come back to relaity. $ talks and 893censored-thumb.gif like u walk. flamed.gif

hey , if you read what i typed, i made an offer to mark BEFORE he posted his prices at $250 for the #116...did not hear from him. It sold at $265. I was no on-line when the books came up woth prices. Superbowl party. SI would ahve happily paid $275-300 for it. But oh well.

And when i say there is no $ in it.....what is wrong with wanting to buy a few to sell later but at collector prices that is most difficult. Get off your soapbox kid and come back to relaity. $ talks and 893censored-thumb.gif like u walk. flamed.gif

Gman, you forgot one thing - the aroma of your reputation proceeds your "walk" and I for one am glad that I don't smell like .

DAM

lucky buyer may have been g man?

no i sent him an offer on it $15 below is asking $ ($250, 6+x guide) b4 he posted his prices but got no reply. Can't touch the rest i don't think...no $ in it.

Truly amazing . . . but hey, Bob said it best

DAM

I love it when men fight over me. 27_laughing.gif

I've sold a number of things to gman... comics, trades, statues, toys...

He always pays on time, and he stays in touch. I have no doubt he has made money on every deal I have done with him, but that's fine. I don't have a problem with it. Sometimes he reminds me of a puppy scratching on the door all day long hoping to be let out, and I am sure that annoys some people. But it doesn't bother me that much... confused-smiley-013.gif

Now the "candid photos" that greggy sends me almost every day... that gets annoying...

but again what did i say that was so bad? I offered $ for a book that did not have a price as of yet and it sold for $15 more than my offer.....please tell me what is wrong with this...

and i stated "there is no $ in it"....maybe for others there if not buying to make a dream run of FFs, why pay top shelf prices?

as i have said b4, i try to get the best price i can. if someone does not want to sell it for that price, that is their choice, i don't make a big deal about it. I just wait until another one comes down the line.

so tell me again , why is this wrong? makepoint.gif

Now the "candid photos" that greggy sends me almost every day... that gets annoying...
893scratchchin-thumb.gif Hmm.... I haven't started getting those yet, should I be worried? blush.gif

I could forward them to you... as soon as the claw marks in my eyes heal... tongue.gif

But quit trashing HooDeeDoo's thread! 893naughty-thumb.gif

At least I bought a book before I trashed it... cloud9.gif

if i am willing to pay the seller's price, what does it matter? if they don't want my $, that is their decision.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Hmm.... I haven't started getting those yet, should I be worried? blush.gif

"Worried" might not be the operative word here. Perhaps the word you are looking for is "relieved". stooges.gif

Plus you couldn't touch the rest as there is no money in it? Whatever is the matter with HDD for trying to get a fair price for his books and not leave any room for bottom feeders such as yourself to make money off of?

i am all for him making as much as he can. i even stated earlier "i hope you make a killing." So get your facts straight before spouting more inaccurate babble.

makepoint.gif

Gman:

I think you get blasted from time to time because there's a perceived "vulture" quality about you. When someone's book goes up, there's always an angle, always a hustle, and there's a lot of people who are turned off by that sort of stuff. It's compounded by the fact that many times it's followed up by what is perceived as bragging. I bought for x and sold for y. And it seems like you're rubbing people's faces in it.

It is not the fact that business is being conducted but rather the manner and attitude you go about conducting it.

Whether that's reality, others will have to decide.