• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$10K for this? Really?

26 posts in this topic

i always thought that the hobgoblin sucked as a villain so I am pretty much tainted

from giving an opinion! i do not consider it be a very noteworthy event but my opinion

could differ greatly from spidey fans. Now the green goblin is a different story. That

page from spiderman ?14? would be very interesting.

There is no way the page will sell for that, even Burkey wouldn't stump up that much for the page. The splash page maybe...but this? :screwy:

And you'd think with a $10K asking price they could have uploaded the scan the right way up. doh!

Yes, way too much. Wonder what the next page (which is a splash if memory serves) would go for?

I was just thinking this was more of a "cameo" 1st appearance and the next splash page, which IMO is the real first appearance, which could be arguably worth the 10k asking price. ( I dont think so though...)

Hobgoblin was the schnizzel

Not marginal at all

Its a beautiful piece

And 6k-10k seems about right to me - if it really is the first panel he ever appeared in

So, do you feel that a first panel of a character would be worth more than another page in the character's first appearance?

hmmmmmmmm, wonder if ther are any examples out there of this??

Not marginal at all

Its a beautiful piece

And 6k-10k seems about right to me - if it really is the first panel he ever appeared in

So, do you feel that a first panel of a character would be worth more than another page in the character's first appearance?

Doesnt Wolverine 1st appear in 1 panel in Hulk 180 ?

If so, I would take the Hulk 180 first app.panel v. a nicer page from 181

Not marginal at all

Its a beautiful piece

He's right on the cover to 238 so who gives a mess about his first panel.

Not marginal at all

Its a beautiful piece

Doesnt Wolverine 1st appear in 1 panel in Hulk 180 ?

If so, I would take the Hulk 180 first app.panel v. a nicer page from 181

Yes, but that's two different books, not the same story. Would you take the first panel of Spider-Man or the best page in AF#15?

Not marginal at all

Its a beautiful piece

He's right on the cover to 238 so who gives a mess about his first panel.

Yes, I agree with you, just seeing if anyone else really felt that there were any monetary value to a character's first panel.

Not me, unless there are no other pages of the character in the book.

Yes, I agree with you, just seeing if anyone else really felt that there were any monetary value to a character's first panel.

Not me, unless there are no other pages of the character in the book.

I think there is absolutely monetary value to a character's first panel. The first panels of Harry Osborn and Gwen Stacy from ASM #31 sold for I believe about 3x what the next page sold for and about double the following 2 pages of the 4-page Peter's first day of college sequence (I bought 3 out of the 4, including the first app. page). I also have the first panel of Red Sonja from Conan #23 which I think would be worth a premium to some of the other pages in the story - I'm not sure it's the best page in the book, but it is certainly the most memorable of the Sonja pages.

Though, the difference is that none of these characters appeared on the cover of the issue where they debuted. Everybody remembers the panels where Gwen and Harry were introduced, which have been reprinted, even separate from the other story pages, time and again. With Hobby, everyone remembers the cover of ASM #238 and the interior first panels are an after-thought. If he hadn't appeared on the cover, I think the page would be far more interesting than it otherwise is.

Not marginal at all

Its a beautiful piece

You think 10k seems about right??? Any precedents you can point us to that might back this up? I have never seen a Romita JR panel page with ANY character sell for anywhere near that amount...