• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1984 Marvel Secret wars action figure set...

40 posts in this topic

Anyone have this set MOC??? Been eying them lately. Interested in finding if there's a check list. Rarest figures? etc.

I have an open display case so figured that would be a cool set to put together! I had a few loose figures when I was a kid.

Thanks!

Dan

Series 1

Captain America

Doctor Doom

Doctor Octopus

Iron Man

Kang the Conqueror

Magneto

Spider-Man

Wolverine

Series 2

Baron Zemo

Daredevil

Falcon

Hobgoblin

Spider-Man (black costume)

Foreign Releases

Constrictor

Electro

Iceman

Vehicles and Playsets

Doom Copter (released with or without Doctor Doom)

Doom Cycle (released with or without Doctor Doom)

Doom Roller

Doom Star Glider (with Kang)

Marvel Super Heroes Freedom Fighter Playset

Marvel Super Villains Tower of Doom Playset

Star Dart Glider (with Black Costume Spider-Man)

Turbo Copter

Turbo Cycle

Yup foreign ones seem rare..and AFA graded figures go for a lot of money and just sit there with a high buy it now on ebay. If I start buying these, ungraded is fine!

Series 1

Captain America

Doctor Doom

Doctor Octopus

Iron Man

Kang the Conqueror

Magneto

Spider-Man

Wolverine

Series 2

Baron Zemo

Daredevil

Falcon

Hobgoblin

Spider-Man (black costume)

Foreign Releases

Constrictor

Electro

Iceman

Vehicles and Playsets

Doom Copter (released with or without Doctor Doom)

Doom Cycle (released with or without Doctor Doom)

Doom Roller

Doom Star Glider (with Kang)

Marvel Super Heroes Freedom Fighter Playset

Marvel Super Villains Tower of Doom Playset

Star Dart Glider (with Black Costume Spider-Man)

Turbo Copter

Turbo Cycle

Yup foreign ones seem rare..and AFA graded figures go for a lot of money and just sit there with a high buy it now on ebay. If I start buying these, ungraded is fine!

So you too have heard of AFA :)

I use to get sets of these in occassionally.

The Black Spider-man always use to sell the quickest and the Hobgoblin was most desired. Most people didn't know about the foreign ones but the few times I had them Iceman was definitely the most popular.

Vehicles and playsets never did as well (as far as turnover) as the figures themselves did.

It seems weird that the series 2 and foreign releases of Secret Wars action figures were mainly comprised of characters that had no connection to the Secret Wars story. ???

It seems weird that the series 2 and foreign releases of Secret Wars action figures were mainly comprised of characters that had no connection to the Secret Wars story. ???

I figure it has something to do with the expense of tooling for a character like Doc Ock. They went to all the expense of making the "tentacles" and then they wanted to leverage that tooling expense and found another charachter with "tentacles." The others were probably similar retrofit jobs where they had to do just mix and match heads and bodies and repaint.