• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Cancels New Avengers only to replace it with New Avengers?

29 posts in this topic

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/avengers-100301.html

Last month in a two week-long series of teasers, Marvel Comics introduced readers to the "Heroic Age" AVENGERS team by Brian Bendis and John Romita Jr., as well as the new SECRET AVENGERS (below) by Ed Brubaker and Mike Deodato, both debuting as new ongoing series in May 2010. Now get ready for the... New Avengers? That's right, Brian Michael Bendis and Stuart Immonen will be re-launching New Avengers with a fresh Number 1 in June.

The first character on this New Avengers team? Luke Cage. His accompanying quote says "I've Never Backed Down From A Fight." Cage of course, was recently announced as the leader of the new Thunderbolts team in May, but will be here, too. More teasers will be out all week long revealing more members.

OY! More #1 issues. At this rate they might as well make all issues #1.

I think I figured out their plan......#1 then #600 then #1........

:roflmao: Sad, but true.

OY! More #1 issues. At this rate they might as well make all issues #1.

I think I figured out their plan......#1 then #600 then #1........

:roflmao: Sad, but true.
:roflmao: SO true

:roflmao: True Dat

On the one hand, it's frustrating that Marvel is putting out so many titles, from an expense angle if nothing else.

On the other hand, if all the titles are actually *good*, it'll be hard to complain too much.

i've been reading New Avengers since it replaced the regular Avengers title. I'm a tad upset that they're ending New Avengers to reboot with a #1.... it was in the 60s why restart it again....

i've been reading New Avengers since it replaced the regular Avengers title. I'm a tad upset that they're ending New Avengers to reboot with a #1.... it was in the 60s why restart it again....
Because Joe Q runs Marvel Comics :sick:

I always thought that they'd replace the cancelled titles with at least as many "new" titles, looks like I was right.

Characters revealed as members of the New Avengers so far are Cage, Spidey, Wolvie and Jewel (Jessica Jones....... or Cage as I suppose it is now).

And now... The Thing?

That's a weird addition to the New Avengers.

Yep, that one took me by surprise too. So far it had been either sales magnets (Spidey, Wolvie) or Bendis's faves (Mr & Mrs Cage) so it was looking predictable. Maybe they might come out with another surprise. hm