• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

March Madness Grading Tournament- Seeding Round

337 posts in this topic

If you guess 8.5 and a book is a 9.2, then that is a .7 difference.....so it counts as a loss. :cry:

i undrestand that,but a 9.0 guess covers 8.5 on the low side,and what on the high side? 9.4 is within .5.. so is 9.2.. that is my question.

If you guess 8.5 and a book is a 9.2, then that is a .7 difference.....so it counts as a loss. :cry:

i undrestand that,but a 9.0 guess covers 8.5 on the low side,and what on the high side? 9.4 is within .5.. so is 9.2.. that is my question.

I think it's in grade increment, such as you guess 9.0 on a 9.4 book you missed. Guess a 9.2 on a 9.4 book you score.

I think it's in grade increment, such as you guess 9.0 on a 9.4 book you missed. Guess a 9.2 on a 9.4 book you score.

..yea,that makes the most sense,and what i figured, but i just want to know for sure,since its not clear,and so there is no misunderstanding in the later rounds,as .5 and .2 are not the same.

..yea,that makes the most sense,and what i figured, but i just want to know for sure,since its not clear,and so there is no misunderstanding in the later rounds,as .5 and .2 are not the same.

Not that it's going to make any difference . . . :baiting:

Not that it's going to make any difference . . . :baiting:

...your right,since your OVER .5 off on all of them already :baiting:....

:jokealert::hi:

I wonder if anyone has guessed correct on which book was trimmed?

I think that many have . . . :whistle:

I said all 12 books were trimmed so I know I got it right... :insane::devil:

This is a grading contest??!? doh!

I thought it was a bidding contest.

I was waiting til the last second to submit snipe bids on all 12 books and destroy you all.

Guess I'll have to rethink my strategy. :sorry:

Within .5 is a win. So, if you guess 9.0 and a book is a 9.4, the difference is .4. Therefore it is a win. :acclaim:

Not within .5 is a loss. So if you guess 9.0 and the book is a 9.6, the difference is .6, therefore it would count as a loss. :cry:

The scoring in the head to head competition will be different. I'll go over that next round.

Within .5 is a win. So, if you guess 9.0 and a book is a 9.4, the difference is .4. Therefore it is a win. :acclaim:

Not within .5 is a loss. So if you guess 9.0 and the book is a 9.6, the difference is .6, therefore it would count as a loss. :cry:

The scoring in the head to head competition will be different. I'll go over that next round.

And if you guess 9.4 on everything, you get a win on any book that grades between 9.0 to 9.8. hm

thanks for clarifying that..

and good to know the next round will be different...

And if you guess 9.4 on everything, you get a win on any book that grades between 9.0 to 9.8. hm

But if you guess 9.0 on every book you get a hit on every book between 8.5 and 9.4 :o

But if you guess 9.0 on every book you get a hit on every book between 8.5 and 9.4 :o

..i guess we've pretty much given freebies to anyone else thats still not "in" and reads all this first....oh well...

at least my initial .5 or .2 question was confirmed... :baiting: