• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
26 26

8,218 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, greggy said:

Yes, one of my sources has brought out mainly high grade mags as of late. 

If you end up with some left overs, let me know.  Very nice stuff!  That Hulk 9 is one of my all time favorites (not looking for one, have a couple already).  (thumbsu

I'm actually putting together another batch for a sales thread including a bunch of French Vampirellas (including a #1 :whatthe: ).

P.S.  Keep @Stevemmg at bay.  That guy is a buying machine.  Jus' sayin'. :o

Edited by Randall Dowling
Warning

12 hours ago, greggy said:

Yes, one of my sources has brought out mainly high grade mags as of late. 

I would love to buy some books off you...

2 minutes ago, N e r V said:

Really like this cover. Reminds me of Golden Age style. Part of Silver Ages history...5E4C0952-2068-48A3-9D29-488AD0249B2C.thumb.jpeg.90f550255db55b92dcbf1b1fc6ef1030.jpeg

I always find it amusing that Lone Star always hypes anything Buddy Saunders worked on; his is not a name I would recognize other than because of that.  I agree, it's a pretty nice cover, though.

19 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

I always find it amusing that Lone Star always hypes anything Buddy Saunders worked on; his is not a name I would recognize other than because of that.  I agree, it's a pretty nice cover, though.

Hyped? Probably. He is a significant part of early silver age fandom and does indeed deserve his place there. There’s more out there on him but here’s his wiki entry:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jake_Saunders_(writer)

Edited by N e r V

12 minutes ago, N e r V said:

Hyped? Probably. He is a significant part of early silver age fandom and does indeed deserve his place there. There’s more out there on him but here’s his wiki entry:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jake_Saunders_(writer)

I hadn't realized he had gotten a nebula nomination.  I still describe it as hype, however, because they point out he's Lone Star's owner and founder... which, while interesting, doesn't particularly speak to the quality of the story.  Or letter of comment.

It's a reasonably charming quirk when browsing Lone Star's listings.

20 minutes ago, Jayman said:

Sort of Grail story:

This is a back cover ad that I’d think any long time mag collector would be familiar with. As a kid I loved the Night Gallery show and would randomly come across this ad and dream of having some of these prints, especially the Fright Night. As an adult I have searched periodically for them and never found one...until last week!

Monster Fantasy # 2 Back Night Gallery Ad.jpg

I loved Night Gallery❤️❤️‼️ When it was on TV 👍