This week in your Magazine collection.
21 21

5,505 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, Stevemmg said:

Sienkiewicz cover and interior in his glory years at Marvel. How can you go wrong?

No matter how much I try, I just can't like his work.  It's like I'm looking at one of those magic eye posters from the 90s.  Everyone is like "I can see it" and I'm like "what, what, I can't see it, is it a sailboat?".  

To say nothing of the vast number of ways his name can be pronounced (it's shin-kay-vitch, people!)  :frustrated:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually, it’s sin-kev-itch. :bigsmile:  That’s how they explained it in the letters page way back in the Moon Knight days. I’m okay with you not liking his work, more for me. 

Edited by Stevemmg
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Stevemmg said:

Actually, it’s sin-kev-itch. :bigsmile:  That’s how they explained it in the letters page way back in the Moon Knight days. I’m okay with you not liking his work, more for me. 

 

52 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

No matter how much I try, I just can't like his work.  It's like I'm looking at one of those magic eye posters from the 90s.  Everyone is like "I can see it" and I'm like "what, what, I can't see it, is it a sailboat?".  

To say nothing of the vast number of ways his name can be pronounced (it's shin-kay-vitch, people!)  :frustrated:

He’s like artichoke, an acquired taste for sure. I was/am a massive fan of the New Mutants series in the 1980’s with Magik being a favorite character. Bill was at the center of that so...I’m in the like camp...

 

8AA4D347-7B97-43F8-BCD2-E6D7C168A28C.jpeg.739bfabd16a572b0c11c822dac9fe21e.jpeg

83EDAB64-8C85-4E5A-AECA-A5A533D46DEE.jpeg.fceec2886212d4716ef95828d001ce1b.jpeg

757AC97B-284E-4CC0-951A-65E0E4B6FD5E.jpeg.569189a3cfe87a0dda1f1dc1c7c54784.jpeg

3513E63B-E5F5-465D-9C2B-70428E1D7AB5.jpeg.3d360bdeac1fef04a394ead45577d8fd.jpeg

BF5A6304-3DA5-4075-B65D-A83F358DFB21.jpeg.8c11940c75b0ef40ff4afec7e5b39ed1.jpeg

C97C08EA-221F-4E9F-A539-11D408ACE5D5.jpeg.c302cf2b7fe016fb6b6e2691c95de766.jpeg
843D68F6-1F0E-4160-99BA-16939C397F17.thumb.jpeg.c34badd86741dacf65359346499e5d60.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

This isn't a magazine but I figured it might have a place here:  James Warren Empire of Monsters.  I believe this came out in 2018 or 2019 and as quickly as it was released, it seems that it went out of print.  I'm excited to jump in to this one. 

I saw it come up at auction recently and just by chance, saw there was one in stock through an online bookstore.  Anyone who has by chance read this, would love your feedback.  It's about all Things Warren, so hoped I could get a pass in posting this here.

 

OIP.v867SlIBjumnoCGMXOG87QAAAA.jpg

Edited by This is Who We Are
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, This is Who We Are said:

Hi All,

This isn't a magazine but I figured it might have a place here:  James Warren Empire of Monsters.  I believe this came out in 2018 or 2019 and as quickly as it was released, it seems that it went out of print.  I'm excited to jump in to this one. 

I saw it come up at auction recently and just by chance, saw there was one in stock through an online bookstore.  Anyone who has by chance read this, would love your feedback.  It's about all Things Warren, so hoped I could get a pass in posting this here.

 

OIP.v867SlIBjumnoCGMXOG87QAAAA.jpg

Great book!  I'm still working my way through it.  (thumbsu

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bounty_coder said:

Eerie #60. I think this is one of my favorite pieces. Period. Ken Kelly puts together such a gorgeous scene. Sexy Lady, hideous environment,help on the way. :x  Wrightson with the Nightfall back cover...that's some bang for your buck. 

Completely agree.  This book stands way out in the run and is completely undervalued.  :headbang:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just an open question for the board.  I regularly search magazines on eBay (it's a tough market but I still look).  More and more, it seems, I see listings that don't give a grade but use other words to suggest condition.  Sometimes it's "pre-owned".  Other times it's "new, unread".  But the one that gets me is when they describe the magazine as "used"...

My question is this- Am I the only one that feels a little dirty buying a "used" magazine?  It doesn't sound like the kind of thing I want.  I don't know how it was "used".  :sick:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
21 21