• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

March Madness Grading Tournament- FINALS

189 posts in this topic

Pics and details to come ... someday soon. :popcorn:

Wow, I've still been too busy to do much comics stuff lately but I did scan a few books for ebay sales and so I took time to scan just one book out of the big ol' stack of mystery box goodies!

Tom had asked me for some ideas about what I collect and I responded with a range of junk and gems I'm after and included a very small want list including about 5 different Hulks I need. He picked off one of the oldest issues I need to complete my Hulk run and sent this gem!!

scan0042.jpg

First red Hulk? Well, the logo anyway? hmlol

I'm pretty sure this would grade out at about 9.3ish!! :insane:

There were also a large number of other neat silverish and bronzish issues in the box too! Pretty sure more than a couple of them hit some other collection holes... I should have finally sat down and savored looking through them more fully today but somehow chores and other goofing off chewed up the whole day. So that fun task will wait for yet another day soon!

Anyway, all in all a very nice resolution to the mystery of the mystery box! Thank you Tom!!!!

Your Welcome....now if I could just figure out who I sent that box of New Universe books to. :insane:

It was fun putting together the box..... gave me the opportunity to thumb through those first few Johnny Quest issues and and appreciate the Dave Stevens cover art.

My mystery box just arrived from Divad, and I had to post the contents...

Unbelievable. I told Divad that I was a Gene Colan fan, and that I also collect Fear & Man-Thing. Here's what he sent:

Fear #4

Fear #17

Man-Thing V1 #9

Howard the Duck #12

Howard the Duck #13

Howard the Duck Annual #1

Daredevil #42

Doctor Strange #178

Every one of them in HG.

:whee:

If I get a chance in the next week or two, I'll post some scans.

Divad, you're the man! (worship)

My mystery box just arrived from Divad, and I had to post the contents...

Unbelievable. I told Divad that I was a Gene Colan fan, and that I also collect Fear & Man-Thing. Here's what he sent:

Fear #4

Fear #17

Man-Thing V1 #9

Howard the Duck #12

Howard the Duck #13

Howard the Duck Annual #1

Daredevil #42

Doctor Strange #178

Every one of them in HG.

:whee:

If I get a chance in the next week or two, I'll post some scans.

Divad, you're the man! (worship)

You probably deserve it. 38% Howards! WooHoo! :banana: