CGC & RAW GOLDEN AGE CLASSIC COVERS, GGA, AND FICTION HOUSE!
3 3

538 posts in this topic

26,025 posts

Anyone ever notice that there's always a chick with her shirt off on these old covers that have "claw bondage"?

504 posts
lol, yeah the Claw is a horny it seems! :roflmao:

29,930 posts
lol! Stop! You are only making me cringe! I am still gasping for air just looking at that scan!

calm down; the pq is no better than white.

504 posts

ANNOUNCEMENT:

I will be listing four beautiful Batman books today. After scanning the boxes fairly quickly, there are more Detectives than Batmans, so I will be doing the Batmans first just to clear them out first.

I will also provide further details about the postings of the books......stay tuned...........

26,025 posts
lol, yeah the Claw is a horny it seems! :roflmao:

The Claw and Courvoisier ...hand in hand for the Ladies Man ! :headbang:

504 posts

I am starting off with the four Batman books for now......keep refreshing!.......

1,915 posts
ANNOUNCEMENT:

I will be listing four beautiful Batman books today. After scanning the boxes fairly quickly, there are more Detectives than Batmans, so I will be doing the Batmans first just to clear them out first.

I will also provide further details about the postings of the books......stay tuned...........

:popcorn:

504 posts

BATMAN #104 - VF+ 8.5 NEAR WHITE PAGES! UNRESTORED! - ORIGINAL OWNER! - CLASSIC DRAGON COVER! - GLOSSY AND BRIGHT! - $600.00

Batman104.jpg

BATMAN104BACK.jpg

504 posts

BATMAN #123 - SUPER HARD PURPLE COLORED ISSUE IN HIGH GRADE! VF 8.0! - UNRESTORED! - PURCHASED FROM METRO A ZILLION YEARS AGO - NEVER FOUND A BETTER COPY SINCE THEN! - GLOSSY AND BRIGHT! - NEAR WHITE PAGES! - $350

Batman123.jpg

BATMAN123BACK.jpg

504 posts

BATMAN #109 - AWESOME COVER! - VF 8.0 - HAS SOME MINOR STRESS MARKS AT MIDDLE OF SPINE - ORIGINAL OWNER! - UNRESTORED! - WHITE PAGES!!!!! - GLOSSY AND BRIGHT! - $400

Batman109.jpg

BATMAN109BACK.jpg

504 posts

BATMAN #113 - 1ST APPEARANCE OF FATMAN! - PLANET X STORY! - GLOSSY AND BRIGHT! - UNRESTORED! - VF- 7.5 - NEAR WHITE PAGES! BACK COVER PAGE ONLY AT TOP HAS A SLIGHT DULL BLADE CUT(VISIBLE IN SCAN) - FRONT COVER DOES NOT HAVE SCRATCHES AT TOP AS IT'S JUST GLARE FROM MY SCANNER - $275

Batman113.jpg

BATMAN113BACK.jpg

504 posts

AS PROMISED, A SNEAK PEAK SCAN OF A BATMAN/DETECTIVE COMIC - WHAT A WAY TO START THE DROOLING AND GETTING OUT THE BABY BIBBS! - ISSUE 232 - NM/NM+ - FIRST RAHS AL GHUL!!!!! I AM NOT TAKING THIS OUT OF MYLAR!!!!

LOOK AT THE PRICE IT WAS PURCHASED AT ALL THOSE YEARS AGO! HE HE!

ALL FOUR CORNERS ARE RAZOR SHARP AND OF COURSE THERE'S GLARE FROM MYLAR.

BATMAN232FRONT.jpg

BATMAN232BACK.jpg

Edited by FH MAN!

5,077 posts
BATMAN #104 - VF+ 8.5 NEAR WHITE PAGES! UNRESTORED! - ORIGINAL OWNER! - CLASSIC DRAGON COVER! - GLOSSY AND BRIGHT! - $600.00

Batman104.jpg

BATMAN104BACK.jpg

Very nice looking copy of this issue Brian... :headbang:

504 posts

The scanner has some sun dust and some finger marks as you can see, but I think if i put a piece of printing paper or white cardboard behind it none of that scanning lens stuff will show up.

29,097 posts
AS PROMISED, A SNEAK PEAK SCAN OF A BATMAN/DETECTIVE COMIC - WHAT A WAY TO START THE DROOLING AND GETTING OUT THE BABY BIBBS! - ISSUE 232 - NM/NM+ - FIRST RAHS AL GHUL!!!!! I AM NOT TAKING THIS OUT OF MYLAR!!!!

LOOK AT THE PRICE IT WAS PURCHASED AT ALL THOSE YEARS AGO! HE HE!

ALL FOUR CORNERS ARE RAZOR SHARP AND OF COURSE THERE'S GLARE FROM MYLAR.

BATMAN232FRONT.jpg

BATMAN232BACK.jpg

I am pretty sure you are going to turn a "slight" profit on that 232..

504 posts

Ha ha! We just saw how many CGC graded copies of this issue has sold in this grade range. It may be CGC'ed. It's a real scorcher this copy.

504 posts

I bet they are more than just white pages, lol. that's an easy 50k book in 9.4

26,025 posts

Any chance of getting a update page to see what has and hasn't sold? This thread is 28 pages long now... and still awesome!

504 posts

That's a good idea! I will definitely do that tonight if not tomorrow! (thumbs u

19,522 posts

Yikes! I'd forgotten I sold you that Rockford #52 years ago! I remember the original catalogue drpping through my door with all those Rockford Fictyion House copies listed - must have been in the early to mid-90's. I think I may still have it in a box somewhere. This was top of my wants list at the time! Ah, nostalgia!