• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC & RAW GOLDEN AGE CLASSIC COVERS, GGA, AND FICTION HOUSE!

538 posts in this topic

UPDATE ON THE BATMAN/DETECTIVE COMICS:

After going through a lot of the books, we will be getting the key books CGCed. Since a lot of you PMed me on how my Detective 359 looks, here it is. Note the finger prints and the line at the bottom are all on the mylar, not on the book! The book is scorching gorgeous! NM/NM+

detective359001.jpg

All,

What I may do is list a few of the super high grade books and see how they do in my thread. If they do sell well, I will list more along the way rather than sending them to CGC.

And yes, I have read your PMs and posts about keeping the thread alive instead of waiting to exhaust all the other golden age books. My goal is to make this the best sales thread ever!!!! I'm sure there are other threads in the past that are far superior than mine, but I want my thread to be THE ONE! ha ha ha

Hi all,

After careful consideration, I will be pulling certain books by the end of next month due to multiple users saying they will buy them, delay with no response, and then back out. While I appreciate the fact you notified me of your intentions, it is not fair to me nor the book to be 'poisoned' due to this matter.

For this and other reasons, these books will be pulled by the end of next month unless a full commitment is made and someone who is serious in purchasing these:

Fight 34 CGC 9.4

Real Life 3 CGC 8.0

Red Dragon 7 CGC 7.5

These are fantastic books, so please look them over. If you require more scans, please ask and am more than happy to assist you.

I will simply hold onto these books as I am in no rush to sell them.

-Brian

Inventory Update as of 5/24/10:

Here are the books that have SOLD so far(this doesn't include Sale Pending transactions):

Fight 3 CGC 8.0

Fight 9 CGC 7.5

Fight 21

Fight 31 CGC 6.5

Fight 40 CGC 8.5 D Copy

Fight 65 - Okajima

Fight 86

Rangers 5 CGC 7.5

Rangers 12 CGC 8.0

Mystery Comics 2 CGC 7.0

Jumbo 11 CGC 7.5 Rockford

Jumbo 31

Batman 98 CGC 8.0

Fight Comics 13

Toyland Annual NN# D Copy

Here are the book that are still available for sale:

Fight 10 CGC 7.5 - $400

Fight 34 CGC 9.4 - $5000 - Time Payment Plan Available - Will not be available for sale after end of June

Real Life 3 CGC 8.0 - $5000 - now $4900 - Time Payment Plan Available - Will not be available for sale after end of June

Red Dragon 7 CGC 7.5 - $3000 - now $2900 - Time Payment Plan Available - Will not be for sale after end of June

Fight 30 CGC 8.5 - $1500 - now $1400 - Time Payment Plan Available

Fight 45 CGC 9.0 - $350

Thrilling 41 CGC 7.0 - $2000 - now $1900 - Time Payment Plan Available

Jumbo 14 CGC 8.0 - $1200 - now $1100 - Time Payment Plan Available

Jumbo 28 CGC 8.5 - $1000 - now $900

Jumbo 29 CGC 9.2 - $2000 - now $1900 - Time Payment Plan Available

Jumbo 42 CGC 8.5 - $600

Jumbo 44 CGC 9.0 - $750 - now $700

Jumbo 46 CGC 8.0 - $500

Jumbo 159 CGC 8.5 - $375

Ghost 2 CGC 8.0 - $2000 - now $1900 - Time Payment Plan Available

Batman 94 CGC 8.0 - $400

Batman 97 CGC 7.0 - $375

Cowgirl Romances 10 - $125

Batman 113 VF- 7.5 - $275

Batman 104 VF+ 8.5 - $600

Batman 123 VF 8.0 - $350

Batman 109 VF 8.0 - $400

Misc. Offer #1 - Kaanga 5 VG+ 4.5 - Must purchase one of my CGC graded books to obtain this issue!

Misc. Offer #2 - A large batch of bronze age DC Comic titles. Action Comics, Superman, JLA and Hawkman from the 1980s! 23 comic books in all!

Must purchase one of my higher valued CGC graded books to obtain these issues!($500 and up) Grades vary on these issues.

A couple sample issues include JLA #209 and Action #604

Note that I am open to Time Payment Plans for books that don't have it mentioned if combined with other book(s) - depending on total value

UPDATE ON THE BATMAN/DETECTIVE COMICS:

After going through a lot of the books, we will be getting the key books CGCed. Since a lot of you PMed me on how my Detective 359 looks, here it is. Note the finger prints and the line at the bottom are all on the mylar, not on the book! The book is scorching gorgeous! NM/NM+

detective359001.jpg

Is this one of the books being sent to cgc or will it be posted for sale raw? Looks very nice.

Yes it is being sent to CGC along with the Batman 232. I do plan on posting them after they are graded.

Great thanks for getting back to me. I'm sure there will be a long line of people waiting for that one.

Hi all,

Sorry for no postings in the thread as I've been super busy with other stuff recently! Otherwise, my birthday is today and I am now 31.

Some of you asked how old I was, well, now you know!

-Brian

Batman and Detectives Update

Hi Everyone!

Finally, some good news you've been waiting for! After going through the books, the key issues and higher graded copies most likely are heading to CGC.

We have some duplicates as well as high grade(VF- to NM-) range issues that will be going up in the thread.

I plan to post these issues slowly and sold one at a time so it is not congested with confusion of what is available and what has sold.(Will do the usual available/sold updates to keep things steady)

Stay tuned......

-Brian

Is CGC giving an a forum award for Most Gratuitous Self Bumping this year? I think this thread is a lock.

I think that is a new criteria to the CGC registry awards this year called the GSB factor.

Not sure how this works, but I think you can make as many of these Gratuitous Self Bumping posts as possible until June 24 and it raises your total registry points by 5 for every book you have registered wih cream to off-white pages. I am sure the total rules are somewhere on the web site, so don't quote me on it.