• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anti CGC

246 posts in this topic

How come nobody mentioned Banana cream pie? (shrug)
or banana pudding ice cream from Publix.... :cloud9:

i'm a banana fudgesicle guy [i know, it it's banana it ain't fudge---but that's what we called them growing up, and that's what they'll stay]. very hard to find them these days, but blue bunny has such a product, and the wife is under strict orders to buy several boxes [dozen inside] whenever she sees them. in fact, i'm going grab a couple right now.

I hate banana pudding. Does anyone hate banana pudding as much as I do? I hate how banana pudding has tarnished the reputation of good pudding, like chocolate, or even tapioca.

Please. This, and all responses, belong in the COMESTIBLES board.

Moderators?

I love Publix Supermarkets. Dec 1968 1st time I ever walked into one.I never saw such a clean well organized Supermarket[[remember im from NYC]]

My dad paid for our groceries and a man took our groceries and walked em to the car for us.I said WTF? A store polocy back than . They still did it in the 80s but I dont know about it today.At any rate I always loved Publix and anyone from NY will surely appreciate it.

I hate banana pudding.
I like banana pudding. But I wouldnt have it graded..

Darn, should have read through the thread first! :makepoint:

I have my differences with CGC on some policy decisions, but I like the company and its product. (thumbs u

Comics were not meant to be slabbed. As a matter of fact, where I live, in the DC, MD, VA area at the small conventions, nobody has CGC books for sale.

The Washington, Maryland, and Virginia con dealers you just referred to as "nobody" would like to have a conversation with you about your penchant for biased exaggeration and the value of a less-biased third-party opinion and professional restoration check. (tsk)

I'd like to know who these "dealers" are since I frequent DC, MD and VA. There are no major dealers that I know of in our region who are against CGC. I can think of one dealer who I would consider a major dealer who typically doesn't offer CGC books but the majority who don't are simply local and I don't know their reasoning. The major dealers who occasionally come to our area, and we don't have much in the way of any regular shows south of Baltimore or north of Richmond, always offer CGC books.

But what do I know. I just live here and sometimes buy and sell comics.

:signofftopic: Please post about pie in the pie section of the boards. Ice cream belongs in the frozen treats section. C'mon guys, this ain't rocket science!

:signofftopic: Please post about pie in the pie section of the boards. Ice cream belongs in the frozen treats section. C'mon guys, this ain't rocket science!

Speaking of Rocket science did you know that the earth is closer to the sun in the Winter and farther from the sun in the summer.