• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Journey Into Mystery #83 Club
18 18

997 posts in this topic

On 2017-05-14 at 2:30 PM, TheSSurfer said:
On 2017-05-14 at 2:21 PM, blazingbob said:

Not sure what a DM is?  Don't Mail me.  Ok.  We won't.

lol jeeze, a little behind the modern times aren't ya?

We don't like when you young whippersnappers change the English language.

:devil:

On 5/14/2017 at 10:13 PM, SC22 said:

I was really trying to win this once I lost on 2 earlier books, price went over $50k and I was out.  I was hoping it would slip in price with the other HG books in the auction and w/ CC.  Oh well.  Sweet book.  One day :( 

1 hour ago, Agent 007 said:

I was really trying to win this once I lost on 2 earlier books, price went over $50k and I was out.  I was hoping it would slip in price with the other HG books in the auction and w/ CC.  Oh well.  Sweet book.  One day :( 

It has a crease in the lower front right corner I had not seen that it takes away from the general eye appeal for sure.

3 hours ago, Agent 007 said:

I paid nearly $50K for my personal copy about 5 years ago. Auctioned it off and it went for $35K or thereabouts when I decided it was time to sell. doh!

Nice to see that the book is finally picking up steam again.  One of my fave books of all time. That was a fresh looking copy.

12 hours ago, VintageComics said:

I paid nearly $50K for my personal copy about 5 years ago. Auctioned it off and it went for $35K or thereabouts when I decided it was time to sell. doh!

Nice to see that the book is finally picking up steam again.  One of my fave books of all time. That was a fresh looking copy.

Was it this one?

jim83.jpg

2 hours ago, aelelarkin said:

At least you know it's well loved and appreciated! :foryou:

You should let me know when you're done appreciating it. :shy:

On 6/1/2017 at 7:51 PM, VintageComics said:

why didn't you put a reserve on it? or was it a "have to sell" situation? feel free to ignore this if it is too personal a question.

8 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

why didn't you put a reserve on it? or was it a "have to sell" situation? feel free to ignore this if it is too personal a question.

I prefer not to use reserves and I felt the book would have gone strong. It happens.

30 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

I prefer not to use reserves and I felt the book would have gone strong. It happens.

Probably the "nicest-centered" 83 I've seen. You can see some gray cover to the right of the CCA stamp and the #/date box. Many of the CCA stamps on an 83 are cut off or are at the edge of the book.

10 hours ago, peewee22 said:

Probably the "nicest-centered" 83 I've seen. You can see some gray cover to the right of the CCA stamp and the #/date box. Many of the CCA stamps on an 83 are cut off or are at the edge of the book.

My old copy had a pretty sweet cover wrap, with a full circle twelve on the left and a full CCA stamp on the right.  And the top part of the cover is more blue than gray.

JIM83.jpg

Edited by namisgr

22 hours ago, peewee22 said:

It was stunner. I was hooked as soon as I saw it. Cover was nice and blue rather than the usual grey. It just had the brand new, fresh look to it.

On 5/14/2017 at 10:13 PM, SC22 said:

Well this CGC 8.0 White Pages sold for 30 555$.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=712862

That is a lot of money considering the last CGC 8.0 with white pages sold for 22 105$ on ComicLink:

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch%2Easp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3Djourney%2Binto%2Bmystery%2B83%26GO2%3DGO%26ItemType%3DCB&id=1171201

Edited by SC22